Chapter 10

Author's Note: Sorry I was in Florida this whole time and couldn't update :( But, here it is :DDDD I wouldn't leave you guys hanging ;)

-Rebecca <3

Chapter 10

All Rights Reserved

*Raelin's POV*

I approach the school doors, walking extremely slow. I wish I could disappear right now yet at the same time I wish I could burst through those doors with some new found confidence and show everybody the girl I have been hiding. I know April will understand and I know that'll I have at least one friend being the real me.

In about one minute, I will be marked late, which has never happened to me before. So, I need to get in that building right away.

I reluctantly open the front doors and walk down to my locker. A few people are in the hallways and they glance over at me. At first, it was just a glance you would give to someone walking into a room. But, after they realized they didn't recognize me at first, they look again. And this time, they know it's me, but not me at the same time.

"Raelin..." a girl mumbles my name as I walk by. I look over to her and she looks confused. "What happened?"

"I've changed," I simply repsond and keep walking towards my locker a few feet away.

The hallway was noisy and filled with chatter of people going to be late. Now it's completely silent and everyone has their eyes locked on me. I've been absent for a week and I suddenly show up looking like a complete nerd. I'm going to be talked about, no doubt.

I can just imagine the rumors that'll get started. High school, even though I won't be able to admit it until further investigation of this situation, might be worse than Middle school. 

That couldn't be possible, though. Middle school was terrible. But, of course, I had to show my true colors sometime. I've spent years trying to cover up the girl I once was, but I was never able to fully bury her. Here she is popping up in my life again.

The silence is slowly followed by low whispers and the typing of phones probably texting their friends. And one of the girls is Jessy. She's most likely texting Taliyah everything and I now realize this will be the worst social downfall in history.

I pack everything up in my locker and head to homeroom. As I walk in, everyone is silent and staring, which is something I'll have to get used to. Carrie and Haidley are sitting in the back with an empty seat between them, which is mine.

I head down the aisle, which is right down the middle of the seats. As I arrive at the back of the room, I take a left and sit down gracefully down between Carrie and Haidley.

There are no words escaping either girls' mouths. They're probably shocked beyond measure.

They never even tried contacting me either. No calls. No texts. Just silence. I can faintly hear whispers of some students. The usual busy and noisy homeroom is unusually silent now. All because of my decision to show myself now and not before.

My heart is breaking, I don't want it to be like this. I never pictured it being like this. I can just hear Raph consoling me in my head, but not even that is working. I'm being torn and broken even more than I ever was before.

All I wanted was to be liked. I can never accomplish that, can I? 

I didn't accomplish that when I was a nerd and I didn't accomplish that when I was "popular."

How can people do this? How can people go through life like this? How can popular girls think they're amazing when they have people talking about them behind their backs and even saying rude stuff to your face?