Chapter 6

Chapter 6

All Rights Reserved

*Raelin's POV*

I open the letter sort of cautiously. This could contain anything.

"Honey, you all right?" my mom asks obviously noticing the apprehensive expression on my face.

"Yeah..." I respond then stand up. "Just peachy!" I then run to my room. I can just imagine the look on her face. She probably looks worried, no doubt. I would be, too. But, how could I possibly tell her that I was contemplating on dating a turtle?

I don't think I'll ever get used to that.

I finally get to the letter and take a breath as I unfold the paper.

Dear Raelin,

            I just need to inform you that Raphael is not like every other guy you've ever dated. He's different, and I mean he can be pushy, rude, sarcastic, violent, and overall extremely stubborn, but he really likes you. He sincerely loves you with all his heart, and that's something he could never say about anyone else. He might be a turtle, but please, don't hurt him. Around you, it's like he's someone else. He's not the tough Raph we know, but a somewhat softer version that we never thought was possible. Never. 

             I don't think you truly understand. Before he even knew you existed, he was stubborn and hot headed, definitely not sentimental like he's been. Anyone who has the power to make Raph not want to be violent, they must be so special. Please, Raelin, don't hurt him.

             I know you have a reputation to hurt people and you've hurt me socially many times, but if you hurt Raph, that's different. Extremely different. He has never acted this way before, trust me.

                                                                                                    Sincerely,
                                                                                                    April O'Neil

I put the letter down and grab a sheet of paper from my desk. I also grab a pen and bring it to the paper. It almost touches it when I pull it back. Could I really write to April? Taliyah is very sneaky when it comes to ruining my life. She'll definitely find out about this. 

I can't.

I put the pen and paper back as I throw away the envelop and letter from April. It's too big of a risk to take.

**school on Monday**

I walk into the school building and head for my locker. Of course, Haidley and Carrie are waiting for me as usual.

"Raelin, Taliyah has been texting both of us non stop asking where you are, but refuses to text you," Haidley informs me and I nod.

"Of course she wouldn't text me. She knows I won't respond," I explain. "I'm kinda mad at her."

"Well, we know, but we woudn't respond to her, either! Raelin, you have to somehow fix this soon so your little social downfall doesn't affect us. She has the power to ruin us, too!" Carrie exclaims and I shift my weight to my other foot uncomfortably. 

"I'm trying, but I can't get away from April. She's persistent on this stupid project and I'm just like 'gosh, do it yourself!' and she doesn't listen!" I defend myself.

"Well, come up with something!" Carrie starts freaking out. She's literally having a panic attack in the middle of this hallway.

"Just ignore April until she stops trying to speak with you," Haidley states calmly as she tries to calm Carrie down since people are starting to stare.