Chapter 14

Chapter 14

All Rights Reserved

*Raelin's POV*

The school day comes to an end, and Carrie, Haidley, and Jessy would not stop following April and me around. I really like how everything turned out. I got to keep my friends and I made new ones as well. Also, everyone in school likes who I really am, and not that cover up I was a few weeks ago.

April has really changed my life for the better.

"We'll see you guys tomorrow!" I exclaim towards Carrie, Haidley, and Jessy. April and I are going to go to the lair.

"See you!" Haidley speaks for all of them. 

We head our separate ways. I begin walking beside April towards the lair. I have to ask Raph out. I know he'll say yes because, I mean, he kissed me. It would just be wrong if he said no.

"Well, let's go," April smiles as we dive into the sewers. Then, a thought crosses my mind.

"How did you meet them?" I ask and we both know I'm talking about the turtles.

"It's a long story," April chuckles as we begin walking.

"Tell me," I give her a smile and she just laughs.

"Fine. My dad and I were being kidnapped by the Kraang and they saved me, but not my dad," April explains. "I remember how scared I was at first, but Donnie was actually the one who came to my rescue."

"Awwww! How sweet!" I exclaim and smile wider than ever. "You two are too perfect for words. Just saying."

"I guess I've kinda had a small crush on him, but I was confused because he's not a human, you know? But, now that I see everything you and Raph have been through, I know that Donnie could possibly be the one for me," April explains. "I kinda wish Donnie and I happened the same way you and Raph did."

"Well, every relationship has its own story. You should embrace your own. I mean, Donnie saved you from alien robots. How is that not movie-worthy?" I laugh at my little joke.

"Yeah, I guess. I really enjoy being around Donnie. He's so nice and smart! He's everything I look for in a guy. I guess personality really does matter," April replies and we finally reach the lair.

 "April! Raelin!" Mikey shouts greeting us as we walk in.

"Mikey!" April and I respond.

"How was school?" Mikey asks being as awkward as always.

"Good, I guess? It was just school," I reply and smile over at April as we both know it really wasn't just school.

"That's nice," Mikey tries to get a conversation going with us, but failing miserably. 

"Where is Raph?" I ask planning on just asking him out and then seeing if April really will ask Donnie out. I mean, this needs to hurry up. I just want Raph to be mine already, you know?

"He's in his room with Leo and Donnie," Mikey replies.

"Shouldn't you be there, too, then?" April askes raising an eyebrow.

"I don't think so," Mikey looks down at his feet with a slight blush. "They told me to go away."

"Why?" I ask and Mikey just blushes again.

"They said I was annoying and talk too much about pointless stuff. Can you believe them?" Mikey responds looking somewhat sad now.

"They didn't mean it, Mikey. Come on, I'll talk with them," April tries to comfort Mikey, and his face lights up. I know it must hurt having your own siblings saying they're fed up with you, so I think April needs to get some sense into their heads about the way they treat Mikey.

We head to Raph's room with Mikey by our side. As we get there, I knock on the door.

"Who is it?" Donnie's voice rings through the door.

"Raelin and April!" I reply.

We hear feet walk across the room and the door slowly opens revealing Leo. "And Mikey is with you," Leo adds as he lays eyes on Mikey.

"Yeah and we need to talk about the way you guys treat Mikey. It's rude and extremely childish," April starts lecturing Leo, Donnie, and Raph on how their behavior affects other people.

"Ok, I think they understand, April," I cut into April's lecture when she starts getting a little lengthy with it. "Raph, may I speak with you?" It was like my mind just pushed the words out of my mouth without my consent.

"Yeah, sure," he responds and heads out the door with me. We close it gently behind us and take a few steps to the right so anyone inside couldn't hear us.

"I was wondering what you would say if I were to say that I like you," I state awkwardly trying to find the words to say. I wonder why I'm nervous, I mean, I know he likes me. He's told me and kissed me before. Why do I care so much right now?

"Well, I would hope you like me. We're friends," Raph points out completely missing the point.

"No, I mean like boyfriend and girlfriend like," I respond and he blushes.

"Oh, you do?" he asks suddenly getting as nervous as me.

"Yeah, so I guess I'm asking you out," I admit with a slight blush.

"I guess I'm saying yes," he replies with a smile and I smile back. See? I was nervous about nothing.

"What do we do now?" I ask awkwardly.

"I guess we should tell everyone," Raph replies shrugging his shoulders.

"Yeah, I guess. I never got this far with thinking everything through," I laugh as I say this.

"Neither did I," we awkwardly laugh then I turn around and open the door to Raph's room. Now April has to ask Donnie out and everything will be complete.

"Guys, we have news," Raph explains to everyone and Leo walks over to us.

"You two are together!" he shouts and brings us into a group hug. "I knew this day would come!"

"You guessed it," I say trying to speak because Leo's squeezing me making it hard to breathe.

Leo finally lets go and Raph and I try to catch our breaths. 

"So, you two are girlfriend and boyfriend now?" Donnie asks and glances over at April quickly, but turns away hoping no one noticed. "So a human and a turtle are dating," he says slowly as if hinting at April that they could date. That's really cute.

"Yeah, and Raph's not the only one who got a human girlfriend," I laugh and realize what just happened. Again, my mind just pushes words out of my head without my approval.

"What?" Leo asks.

"Ok, well, April likes you, Donnie, and she was going to ask you out," I say just to get it over with. Everyone looks at April then to Donnie, both of them blushing like crazy.

"Is that true?" Donnie asks April and walks over to her.

"Yeah," she responds lightly.

"Well, I say yes," Donnie states and April hugs him. Gosh, that's too cute to function. 

Author's Note:

      Sorry I haven't been updating :( I've been grounded

~Rebecca