Chapter 16

Chapter 16

All Rights Reserved

*Raelin's POV*

We head inside the school building with Haidley, Carrie, and Jessy. I don't understand why April is making such a big deal out of them meeting the turtles. How could they not accept them? They are teenage mutant ninja turtles. How amazing is that?!?

We head into homeroom and I get ready for my classes. I can't believe how everything is so much better now. I thought my life would've been over if Taliyah found out about April and my real self and the turtles. My life was almost over, but now it isn't anymore. Telling the truth works in mysterious ways.

Oh well. Even if she was still here making my life a living hell, I think I would've been happier anyway. I was showing everyone my true self whether they accepted me or not. 

That's something I wish to tell every teenage in this whole world. So what if you like to read or you're obsessed with a TV show most people don't like or you over think just a little too much? People should accept you the way you are. And, if they don't, forget them. They're not worth your time. If they can't see how much worth you have, then they don't deserve to be your friends. 

Just be who you are meant to be.

The day goes by and final bell sounds sending every student on their way. I walk out the front door with April, Carrie, Haidley, and Jessy. It was time to show them the real April O'Neil. They already know the real Raelin Brown. 

"What is you want to show us?" Haidley asks remembering what I said this morning.

"Uh, I don't think we should..." April begins.

"Are you kidding me? We're showing them! Come on, guys, follow us," I cut in and begin walking towards the sewer. 

April sighs and begins walking behind me next to the others. Basically, they're following only me.

I find where April and I enter the sewer and climb down the ladder. April crawls down behind me and we look up at their disgusted faces.

"Do we have to go down there?" Jessy complains.

"Yes. No come on!" I shout.

First, Carrie heads in knowing they wouldn't go unless she went. Next, Haildey. Finally, Jessy heads down. "This is so gross," she adds before touching the ground.

"Ok, let's go!" I exclaim and start heading towards the lair. Oh wow, Master Splinter will be so mad if they freak out and go around telling everyone. I hope they don't do that. I won't do that if I tell them not to tell.

We finally reach the lair and April walks inside with me so casually and normally. Haidley, Carrie, and Jessy seem so confused and disgusted all at the same time.

"Don't be scared. Everything is all right," April says knowing this was going to happen.

"Raelin! I have to show you something!" Mikey shouts as he comes running towards me. He doesn't look up from his feet so he doesn't realize we have guests.

He finally looks up as he comes to a stop. "Who are they?" he asks and I smile.

"This is Haidley," I explain pointing to Haidley. "This is Carrie," I say pointing to Carrie. "And, this is Jessy," I point to Jessy.

"Hi! I'm Mikey," Mikey introduces himself. 

I turn around to see all three of them looking scared and confused and completely stunned. I can tell they've never seen mutated turtles before.

"You...You're a turtle," Carrie states looking extremely terrified now. "And you can t-talk."

"Yeah, it's a long story," he replies. "Guys! We have guests!"

Leo walks out from the kitchen and looks speechless.

"Raelin. I don't think Master Splinter will be too thrilled about this," Leo finally finds some words to say.

"There are two?!?" Jessy shouts.

"Actually, there are four," April responds quietly.

Donnie and Raph enter the living room and notice the girls. They stop and instantly look at me, then to April.

"Ok, I know how this looks, but I figure since we are such good friends with them we should let them meet you," I explain to Leo who is still giving me an evil glare.

"Look, we can't risk more people finding out about us. It won't be good, Raelin!" Leo shouts. "You can't just bring people here without or consent."

"It's ok. We won't tell," Haidley states. "We promise, right?" She looks at Carrie and Jessy for back up.

"Yeah, we promise," Carrie says.

"Yep," Jessy agrees, but still looks somewhat tense. 

"How can we believe random girls that just show up?" Raph cuts in.

"Raph, stop. These 'random girls' are my friends," I respond with such confidence I never thought I'd be able to do with the glasses on.

"Ok," he says noticing how much I truly believed that they would keep all this a secret.

"Now that you've met them, what do you think?" I turn around and ask them in a peppy voice like I wasn't serious just moments before.

"You hang out with turtles?" Carrie blurts out.

"Yes," April and I reply at the same time.

"Cool!" Carrie responds with a huge smile to take place of the confused look.

"So are we good here?" I ask Leo.

"Yeah, welcome to the family," Leo welcomes them.

"I guess you will be over often like Raelin and April?" Donnie asks them.

"I don't know. I guess if you guys will allow us," Haidley replies for them. She is the one with the most common sense out of all of them.

"Of course we want you to stay! Party time!" Mikey shouts and runs over to her. He gives her a big hug. "The name is Haidley, right?"

"Yeah," she replies with a giggle and slight blush.

"That's a pretty name," Mikey compliments with a smile.

"Thanks," Haidley replies as Mikey heads back over to his brothers.

"Someone has a crush on him," April whispers to me and only I can hear it. I simply respond with a head nod.

To be continued...

Hey guys! I'm having a contest! If you would like to enter, just message me the last chapter of this book. You can make it whatever you want! Add new characters, events, whatever! I will choose a winner on November 20, 2013. The only rules are you must submit the chapter through my message box. The winner will have their chapter published as the ending of this book, and I will give you copyrights to it. It can be as long or as short as you want, but be creative!

xoxo Rebecca :)