Chapter 3

Chapter 3

All Rights Reserved

*Raelin's POV*

I wake up around 11 am on Sunday morning. I'm glad Carrie finally finished her poster. I thought that was going to take days. She's so stubborn sometimes. Then again, so am I, so it doesn't really matter. 

I walk towards the window only to see another note that entered my room through the window. I smile lightly and pick up the note.

Dear Raelin,

                 I'll give you a hint, I know April and she knows who I am.

                                    -Anonymous

My smile grows wider. All I have to do is find April and she can show me where my secret admirer is. I need to know. I want to know. What if this guy is the guy I've been waiting for? Then again, if he hangs out with April, my popularity level might go down a bit.

I decide to give in to my fears of losing my popularity. I just need to know who he is.

I head out of the front of my aprtment building. My mom is at work, so I have to be back at my house around 9pm. That gives me plenty of time to find April and find my secret admirer.

I take out my cell phone and dial April's number I got the other day in Study Hall. I know that Haidley or Taliyah will somehow find out that I was with April on Sunday, but I don't care. She knows who is writing me these anonymous love letters.

"Hello?" I hear her voice sound through the phone.

"Hey, April! Do you want to hang out today? My curfew is 9pm, but that doesn't mean we can't have some fun!" I respond into the phone and she sighs. "Are you all right?"

"You want to know who is sending you love letters, don't you?" she asks sounding very disinterested. I sigh as well.

"I'm sorry, April, but I really want to know and he said you knew who he was. Please," I beg through the phone.

"Sure. I'll meet you in front of the library," she states then hangs up. I hope she isn't sad. I mean, before I wouldn't have cared if a nerd is sad, but April is more than a nerd to me, now. She's one of my friends. And, I never thought I would classify someone that much less popular than me as a friend. But, she's such a nice girl. Why judge people by their covers?

I arrive at the library and April is pacing back and forth at the top of the steps.

"Hey, April!" I shout with a smile and a wave. She smiles back.

"Hi, Raelin. Now, I must warn you, this guy probably isn't at all who you were expecting if you were expecting anyone in paticular," she explains carefully.

"I don't know anybody who has that handwriting, so I'm stumped," I respond feeling a bit apprehensive, actually. Maybe a little anxious. This is the moment I have been waiting for since that first note.

"Ok, well, he's down here," she explains pointing to a sewer.

"Ok, well then let's go!" I exclaim entusaiastically. It's a little confusing as to why someone would be living in a sewer, but as long as I know who it is, I guess I am all right.

April heads down into the sewer first, then I plop down into the hole in the ground. I step in water, but it doesn't matter. My shoes are old anyway.

I follow April down the tunnels when she reaches a deadend. The wall moves out of the way and it's a house of some sort. People live in the sewers?

"Does he go to our school?" I ask curiously.