Stronger Together

AUTHOR's NOTE:
Apologies for it being long.....Thank You....
———————————————————————————
EARTH-38
ASHLEY: It's been a week since Kara revealed herself to National City. Even though there have been rumors about a second flying hero, I decided to stay hidden until there was another threat. And by hidden I mean, at CATCO or in my apartment with my best friend. But, when I'm not there, I'm hanging out with new people, like now.
.........
While Kara was with the DEO training, Ashley was having breakfast with James and Winn at local cafe, near CATCO. So the three was sitting at a table waiting for the order.

"Ugh, when will the food be ready", says Ashley. Im starving".

James laughs, but quietly enough the whole cafe won't hear, "We just got here, and its breakfast so their busy".

Ashely rolls her eyes, "so Winn, please tell James in need about thousands of calories, in my belly right now".

"You know I'm sitting right here, right", says James.

"Duh", Ashley says, with a quick laugh.

"So, where's Kara", Winn asked.

"Why", Ashely asked. "You have a crush on my sister, Winn".

"Wh-wha-what no", says Winn. "I mean, I used to. But not anymore".

"Mhm. That's good. I mean, there are others wanting your attention anyway", Ashley says, as she looks at Winn and smiles. "But to answer your question, Karas at the DEO, doing test or whatever, I believe".

Finally, their food was ready, but they didn't have time to sit and eat, so they took it with them as they headed to work.

WITH THE DEO...
Kara was flying dodging drones and rockets, and also getting tested. "So did I pass", she asked Henshaw.

"I see you share your cousins appetite for wanton destruction, Miss Danvers", says Henshaw. "Is your sister the same".

"You know, I am starting to answer to Supergirl", Kara says.

Henshaw looks at Kara, irritated, "it's cool, we'll find our thing", Kara says.

Kara and Alex watches Henshaw walk away, "is all of this really necessary", Kara asked. "Im ready, Alex, for all of it. I can do this".

"Believe it or not, he's just looking out for you", says Alex. "You know, we both are. I had a full year of training before he even let me in the field. But im really glad that you're here, though. I hated keeping this whole part of my life from you".

"And growing up, I alway lay thought you were such a bad liar", says Kara.

"That's what a good liar makes you think", says Alex.

Kara spins around, looking at everything. "I wish Ashley was here", she says. "She would've enjoyed this".

"Look, Kara. The only reason Ashley came last time, was because I called her", says Alex. "It was a one time thing. This isn't for Ashley. If it was she would've been here, but instead she's not".

"Look Alex, give Ashley time", says Kara. "She wants this, but she's also has her own life , we can't-", she began to say but was interrupted by Winn in the comms. "Supergirl, come in supergirl", he says.

"What is it Winn. Im kind of busy right now", says Kara.

"Kara, there is a huge fire raging down at the National City Port", says Winn. "It is bad".

"Alright. Im on my way", Kara says. Kara turns to Alex. "Fire at the port. Gotta go".

"Hey you been dodging missiles and pushing your endurance for the last two hours", says Alex. "Even you have your limits".