How Dows She Do It?

"So I was thinking we could use these photos for the front page", Ashley tells James.

Cat was going away for a while to receive her award for the Siegel Prize for Women in Media, so James was taking her place for the week.

"You know I can't approve of it", James says. "But I will make sure, it's the first thing Cat sees when she returns".

"Come on. These pictures are amazing. They can't wait for Cat Grant to come back", Ashley says. "Don't get me wrong, I love Ms. Grant and I am excited that she won this award, but these pictures mean something, James".

"Look, Ash-", James begin to say, but was quickly distracted by the stapler.

"Whoa, whoa. Got it", Kara says. "Uh, the stapler is not our enemy".

"Layout can't find the copy I sent down two hours ago", James says.

"Because I...I forgot to send it, I'm sorry", Kara says. "And I just broke the stapler.

"Plus, Digital now inundated because of the bombing sorry, I...how does Cat do it?", James asks.

"She's Ms. Grant", Kara says.

"And she has you", James says.

Ashley looks at the two and feels really upset and ignored. She wants to laser everything in her view, but she knows she can't.

"Great. Thanks for ignoring me, and not considering my work", Ashley says.

"Ash-".

"No. This is my job. If you want to flirt by all means go ahead. But don't ignore me, or pretend like I'm not in the room", Ashley says. "You know what, forget it. I need to let off some steam".

Kara and James watch Ashley walks off.

"I won't approve of her pictures, and she's not taking it well", James says.

"What are the pictures", Kara asks.

James showed Kara pictures Ashley took of starving men and women and children, on the streets of National City. The place no one goes to. The Unforeseen.

"These are good", Kara says. "Better then good. Why won't you approve them".

"Because...they're too...good", James admit. "Ashley is a great photographer. I taught her everything she knows, she learned things I never did. No one dares to go to The Unforeseen part of National City because it's scary".

"James, Ashley is your friend. Maybe people should see that part of our home. Maybe things can change just by these pictures", Kara says.

Ashley left work, and headed back to the apartment, where she was angry. She she lasered her apartment. The couch, the cabinets, the doors. She was angry.

Next thing she knew, someone was behind her and hugging her, and Ashley broke down.

"My beautiful child, what happened?", Astra asked.

"I am tired of being ignored", Ashley cried. "Ever since we was little, I was in Kara's shadow. No matter how hard, I work, or how hard I prove to others, I am with it. It doesn't matter. I was always be second best. With the guy, or the job, or the hero. I am tired of being in behind. When will it be my chance to shine. To show the world I am the better hero, or the better photographer".

Ashley looks at Astra.

"When will it be my time to shine?", Ashley ask. "I feel like no matter how hard, I work, I will never be good enough".

"You are good enough", Astra says.

"Your only saying that because your my mom", Ashley says. "You don't mean it".