𝒙𝒊𝒙: 𝒂 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒆

set to be in third person;

Broken.

Every steps they took made them realize on how broken they are. It took a lot of lives to finally step their foot in the safe zone. It took a lot of blood, sweat and tears to remain strong despite of the trauma.

The highschoolers didn't cry because of happiness but due to the agony they carried. Thinking about the people they love who died and sacrifice that those could have be with them if things only go on their way.

"There are kids coming closer in here." One soldier shouts from the above, the voice of it made the kids nervous before they heard another words from the same person.

"Raise your hand in the air!"

Looking at each other, they all follow the instructions. As the group of students finally stop at the entrance that's when the door of it opened.

However it is not the new beginning they expected to see as all of them are still stuck and would likely to be left in the past

"Check all of them. Made sure that no one is bitten!"

And just like that, the remaining students fall into a vertical line. Each person had two military to check on them.

Even they are still in the outside, some of them still caught some glimpse in the inside of the facility and just like they expected, there are tons of people who are like them however most of those person are beyond minorities.

An old men, middle age ladies, college students, a pregnant owner of a chicken store along with some jobless thugs and gossipers.

There are a lot of types in there but not much a higschool student like them.

After running away from her friend. Nayeon contemplate between returning or not but before she could know what to do, her feet brings her to a hardware store and then she found something she can use.

A crowbar.

Holding tightly from it, she lunges her body towards the zombie that just get kick. On how she arrive fastly on her destination?

She didn't really remember how. It's just she did. The pure adrenaline she felt made it possible.

"Get away from her, asshole!"

The whimpers and growls behind her, wasn't really paid attention by Nayeon. From how tough the only zombie she's been fighting, she thinks that she most probably faint than finish her enemy.

"Here!"

Glancing over her shoulder, the girl in pink sweater grab the long pointed stick of the broom in the ground.

And in one hit, blood splatters everywhere especially on her face. Stunned is not enough to describe her reaction but after freezing for how many seconds.Nayeon luckily came back on her senses.

Lending her arm from the now injured girl on the floor. Jimin looks up to Nayeon with confusion all over her face.

"What are you doing in here?"

"What do you think I'm doing, duh?" Nayeon rolls her eyes but her hand is still stretch for the other to accept it, "Won't you get up? Would you just lay in here?"

With furrowed brows, Jimin held Nayeon's. "Your action really caught me off guard. I didn't expect an attitude like this coming from you."

After Jimin finally stood up in her feet. Nayeon dust of her palms on her skirt. "Yah! Can't you just be thankful?" she frowns.