03 - Note Guy

NOT PROOFREAD

Sunghoon woke up at 5 am when no one was in school except for faculty so he could check if the 'precious' note was still hanging on there. It was already 6 am when he arrived, he ran to the lockers and searched for the specific locker.

Once he saw the clean locker door he frowned at the emptiness. His sticky note was gone:'(( Struggling to reach the pockets of his bag if the stack of sticky notes were there. After searching through his bag he finally found it along with a blue pen, He jotted down his number instead with a 'call me ;)' in all lowercase. He stuck it where Sunoo could see it pressing the whole note down so it won't fall then put back the things he took out of his bag.

He walked outside the building seeing a couple of staff entering the gates in groups, he went to the side where there was a lot of space between him and the staff, slightly bowing while he fast-walked to the vacant sidewalk. There were still 2 hours till school so he went to the convenience store right beside the school. He held his backpack straps and fixed his posture to keep his bag tight to his body while he listens to his shoes scrape along the rough pavement till he faced the two glass doors.

Sunghoon was greeted with a cold waft from the air-conditioner as he opened the door, inhaling the pastries they had displayed along with the scent of coffee made his mind feel hazy at the comfort as Korean pop songs played through the speakers. He went through every aisle picking various foods such as junk foods, ramen, and meals, he hadn't had any breakfast either so it was a good idea he went here if he hadn't he would've starved the whole morning classes till lunch.

"Welcome and Good morning sir, is this all?" The cashier smiled from ear to ear scanning his things but Sunghoon could only nod not making any sound. "Not much of a talker I see" They spoke punching numbers on the keyboard "A-ahh..." Sunghoon was embarrassed that the cashier pointed out his quietness. He was blushing, and his palms were sweating due to the unusual situation he was in.

"That's fine! Anyone is welcome here, well everyone is. Anyways enjoy your meal!" They smiled once again at the socially awkward boy in front of them who was shyly picking his food and change. "Thank you..." Sunghoon mumbled then bowed to the happy cashier.

He settled down at a table near him breathing out the air he has been holding the whole time he didn't know he had been holding. Sunghoon brought the frozen foods and his small ramen to the station where you cook and reheat them. He filled his mild ramen with the water provided to customers till it was on the recommended measurement and put his microwaved meal and the filled ramen cup in the big microwave and set it to 3 minutes.

He stood in front of the machine watching the cardboard and plastic containers swivel slowly around the warm light. It was 6:50 AM, he has 1 hour and 10 minutes till it was class and to finish his food. Once the food was done he immediately dug in savoring the food with an audible moan when he chewed the continents, Sunghoon picked up his heated sausage and ate half of it filling his mouth with remnants of rice and noodles. He chewed with his mouth all puffed up, he looked cute with his eyes all open and his face asymmetrically round because of the amount of food in his cheeks.

-

"This is quite suspicious" Sunoo tapped in each number written on the note getting a little skeptical of it so he decided to check it out. He was quite spooked because it might be a stalker or maybe it was just one of the students playing a trick on him. "I wonder who this is" he put the phone to his ear as the phone started to ring and vibrate with the unknown number on display.

-

Choking sounds mixed with phone chiming were heard in the entire store with fromis_9 songs blasted through the speakers, the cashier patted Sunghoon's back while he bent down coughing hard attempting to get the food out of his esophagus from the unexpected call. He knew it was Sunoo since he doesn't have anyone's number on his phone except for his sister.

The ball of noodles finally came out and flawlessly landed on his tissue, He wheezed aggressively and gasped for air while clasping on the bench for support.

-

'I'm sorry, But the person you are calling is unavailable'

The call failed "Hah, just as I thought" Sunoo sneered turning off his phone until the unknown number called once again

-

'Hello? Who is this?' The voice he had been waiting for to call brought him back into a panic, He was frozen solid.

'Is anyone there? Is this some kind of prank? Look if you're just calling me for some lowbrow mockery like yourself who has the intellect of a fucking cow, please leave me alone and go get some bitches if you can with your shoddy lifestyle, barely getting a grip of your mental health. This is a waste of my time, goodbye I'm blocking you. Jesus this uneducated motherfu-'

*beep beep*

'No no no no! I completely fucked up my only chance!' Sunghoon began tapping his phone's screen multiple times trying to call him back but to no surprise, he had already blocked him.

Better luck next time Sunghoon, you dumb son of a bitch

-

"Sunoo! What's up?" His best friend Yuna came to the scene. Sunoo was in a bad mood and Sunghoon's call made it even worse. He had broken his tiny TWICE shrine after trying to find his phone then missed the bus right before he was about to get on and had to wait for 10 more minutes for the next one, and also spilled his water bottle in the middle of the school's field where he tried to get his earphones but instead his water bottle flew out the pocket of his bag. Today is truly not for him.

"You wanna know what's up? My blood pressure, today is total horse crap I swear, and it's 7 in the morning!. Goddammit, I want to go home!" Sunoo whines slamming his locker door so hard his BFF flinched at the loudness. "You can go home, I'll just tell the teachers you have the flu and wanted to stay at home till you feel better" Yuna slurped her homemade coffee she made at the convenience store beside the school

"Really? OMG, I love you so much, you are the best friend I've ever had including Chae-rin noona. I'm gonna pay you with food tomorrow, kisses and hugs, bye bitch!" He walked out with his hips swaying left and right as if he was one of those over-energetic 8-year-olds in dance crews you see on youtube. "You better! Or I'm telling Mr. Lee you're skipping classes!" She shouted as Sunoo slowly disappeared from her sight

"I was about to tell you about some handsome guy I saw choking on noodles at the convenience store. You guys would look cute together, I should've asked for his number" Yuna frowned walking to her classroom

sticky notes - sunsun