The Start of it All

"Navy!!!" Kayleigh called across the hall. In shock of her scream, I immediately pause my music and run out of my room, in fear that something horrible happened. I swung her door open across the hall to see her excitedly smiling while she stares at her phone screen.

"Gees, Kayleigh, you scared me," I pant out, "What's going on?" I notice my heavy breathing and tried to calm down, waiting for her to reply.

"You won't believe, Navy! Oh my gosh, I'm so happy!" She squeals out. Her large, beautiful, green eyes are gleaming more than usual while her black dyed hair sways in the messy, yet gorgeous, high pony tail she put it in.

I feel the need to roll my eyes at her excitement, in doubt that it has anything to do with me. Why would she call for me so frighteningly? She quickly adds on to her statement after realizing I was waiting.

"Bob is going to take me to dinner tonight and he said that we could go see a movie if we want and I'm just so excited!" She exclaims in a genuinely excited tone, "But don't worry. There is definitely something in it for you." She tells me with a slight giggle. I don't know whether to be worried or happy. At least she's not bragging about going out without me, but my eyes do grow wide at the thought of being able to meet Bob's friends. Kayleigh has told me so much about them and how cool they are. She also told me that I would love them, and if she thinks they're awesome, I will. I relaxed my thoughts and focused on how nice tonight is going to be for her and Bob.

"Dude, that is so sweet of him. I'm so happy for you!" I assured happily. I sat cross legged on her bed in front of her, in need of what else she was about to tell me.

"He said that his friends have no plans tonight and that they are more than happy to meet you." She gives me the news happily and gives me suggestive eyebrows toward the end. Knowing Bob and her have talked about me to them, I was oddly overwhelmed with excitement.

She notices my obvious excitement after I realize my jaw dropped. With my lack of words, she continues on, telling me how I have to help her get ready for the night. Being 4:00 at the time already, we rushed to her closet/ bathroom right away.