Kill You All In A Lunch Date Rage

~~~~~

With clothes on and hair dried I tell Gee about visiting my mom and he want to go with me. Since he is officially my boyfriend now, I'm sure my mom would be happy to know I had shaken my loneliness out of my life.

It doesn't take long to leave the house. As we leave, we see everyone got home safely with the TV on in the living room. Frank and I's eyes meet for an awkward split second, making me uncomfortable. He must've had a bad hangover this morning because he doesn't look too great, but still attractive. Everyone is there but Bob. I'm guessing he's at the house with Kayleigh. Hopefully.

The car ride to the rehab center was great. We sang to every song on the rock station and our voices sounded great together. It was like a match made in heaven for our voices.

At the rehab building though, there were so many people trying to visit. Gerard grabbed my hand and rushed us to the front desk. We looked at each other and I would be lying if I said I didn't blush. He smile is so beautiful.

"Hi, what room is Ruby Treight staying in? We'd like to visit her." It was obvious visiting hours were now.

"She is staying in.." She paused to search her computer, "room 213 at the moment." She said certainly.

"Thank you so much." Gerard said and walked us into an elevator. Before the doors closed, a young man walked in with us, smiling at me.

Gerard put an arm around me, resting his hand right on the side of my ass. He pulled me tighter into his side. Jealousy?

The doors finally close and the dude keeps quiet. We could've had a nice discussion if Gee didn't act so protective around him, but it doesn't matter. When the elevator stopped, he rushed out like he was in a hurry.

"I saw the look he gave you." He said. I laughed and we began down the hallway to find the room. To my left, we finally found it and knocked to make sure it was okay.

A muffled, "Come in," sounded through the door. The voice was oh, too familiar. So we walked in.

"Navy!" She squealed. She looked the best she has in a couple years, but it's only been a few days that she's been here.

"Mom! You look great!" We quickly hugged and she noticed Gerard.

"Well who's this young man?" She asked. I nervously chuckled a little bit before saying, "Mom, this is my boyfriend, Gerard."

She gasped happily and shook his hand.

"Woo!" She yelled. "You shook the fuck out of that junk. And you're telling me I look great?! Look at you! You look so happy!"

"My mom has always had this kind of energy." I whisper to Gee. "Yeah, I met a lot of people and they've helped me out a lot. And I am happy." I laughed.

"Well, it's so good to see you. I didn't think you'd visit so soon! Plus I don't have a phone. The last couple days have been great and I've learned a lot. Honey, I'm so sorry I ever started drinking. Thank you for putting me here." She said.

I was so happy she was happy. "How long do they want you to stay?" I asked. Rehab doesn't take a couple days and then you're fixed.

"They want me for a good two weeks now. Which isn't long."

"Okay, that's reasonable." I say.

"I want to know more about you're new man, Navy!" She begged.

"Well I was thinking we could maybe go out to eat, maybe see an old friend if they let me take you." Her eyes widened.

"Let me get my shoes"

~~~~~

The staff was so kind to let me take my mother out for lunch. I didn't think they would for safety reasons, but from what I heard, she's doing great. I can't wait for her to see Austin again.

It didn't take long to get to the diner, because this city is pretty small. She recognized the diner immediately with excitement.

Inside, she saw Austin immediately and ran to him and they hugged. It was actually quite cute because they hadn't seen each other in months. My mom kind of went through a phase where she wanted to be alone.

Gerard looked at me with a smile and grabbed my hand. This was a happier moment than I thought it would be. They were talking a little bit and he put down the towel he had been holding to wash the counter. After a little bit, they both came over to Gerard and I to get a table. We came in time because it turned out to be Austin's break.

"Gerard, this is the father I never had, Austin Brentz." I said motioning to him. "Austin, this is my.." I had just seen him yesterday, crying and talking about sadness. Is this a good time to tell him I have a boyfriend as of today? "Boyfriend." Motioning to Gee, I couldn't help but smile. I feel happy with him and hopefully Austin can see that.

Their greetings had clashed and the conversations had begun. There's something so nice about a casual lunch with people I care about, but I could tell Austin wasn't too happy about Gerard. I was kind of afraid of that.

"So, Gerard, what do you do? What are your interests?" My mother asked.

"Well, I'm an artist in general. I write music, sing, and draw." He said.

"How and when did you two meet?" Austin asked. Here we go with the overprotective questions.

"We met through Kayleigh." I answered. There is no way I could tell them how long we've known each other. I panicked inside.

"It wasn't too long ago, maybe a month ago?" Gerard saved my ass. He looked at me like he needed to know that a month was a reasonable answer. His expressions made it easy to believe that we met a month ago. "But we just recently started hanging out again." It was a reasonable lie.

"So maybe you should get married tomorrow, right?" Austin asked. My eyes rolled so hard. I knew this kind of talk was coming. He thinks that vein in a relationship after one month is too early. Imagine if he knew it has been a week.

"Maybe?" Here comes the sass master. "Ms. Treight, may I have the honor of marrying your daughter?" Gerard replied.