Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This

My father stood in the doorway, furious. His piercing green eyes were bloodshot as hell and his face was red with anger. How did he find me? What did I do? At this point, I had fallen off of the bed from shaking so hard.

"Surprise motherfucker." The words sounded like a growl through his gritted teeth.

Before I knew it, he had lunged towards me and didn't hesitate to punch me straight in the face. The impact had me stunned, but it shot the fear right out of my system. I'm not going to let this man know I am scared because there is nothing more he can take away from me. Well, other than my friends. Where is everyone? Where is Gerard?

"Gerard!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. There goes not wanting to show my fear.. What if he hurt Gerard? I grabbed the vodka bottle that was previously drunk out of and my face began to throb violently.

"Yes, surprise motherfucker." I sassed before smashing the bottle over him. He instantly collapsed and a horrible feeling took over me, giving me chills.

I just did this. I actually just did this, but I did not feel joy at all.

I feel to my knees and started crying. Is he dead? I don't even know if the bottle hit his head. All I could do was cry. After what he has done to me, I don't feel happy? What if he is dead? He can't be dead. But why would I feel so bad?

I knew his punch had drawn blood because my tears had stung what felt like a cut.

"Navy?!" A familiar voice carried through the hallway along with his rushing footsteps. God, was it relieving to hear his voice. It only took a second for him to reach the doorway. I swear, seeing his face made all of the blood in my body go cold.

First off, he has the expression of a freight train flying towards him. His eyebrow was bleeding along with his cheekbone and the amount of already developing bruises was frightening.

He rushed towards me and got on his knees to be level with me. Frantically wiping away my tears, he tried to relax me.

"I'm so sorry Gerard." I held his face and then hugged him. He didn't deserve this at all.

He fell onto my lap with a shortness of breath. "This.. is not your fault, Navy." He took a painful sounding breath, which made me cringe. "Listen,.. my head was hit really.. hard." His loud breathing stopped.

"No, no no no.. Gerard, no." I slightly shook him. "Gerard! You can't!" He didn't move. My tears were now staining his shirt. "Gerard please! Say something."

Nothing.

"Gerard, please!"

He wasn't going to say anything and I was broken. I laid my head on his chest and poured what seemed like every liquid in my body out of my eyes.

"I love you.." My small whimper carried the three words I didn't know were possible.

~~~~~

I could hear crying next to me. "Navy, please wake up." Gerard? I'm not asleep! You were fucking dead!

But when I open my eyes, I'm in Gerard's room with him freaking out next to me.

"Holy fuck." How was that a fucking dream?! It was too real!

I basically jumped onto Gerard with how much force I put into this hug. He's not dead! "You're not dead! Oh my gosh!" I could've been screaming, but my words were mumbles from pressing myself so hard against him.

"Navy, you scared the living shit out of me." He put as much force into the hug as I did.

"Gee, that was the worst dream I've ever had." My voice kept on breaking from crying. The fact that me dreaming had made him cry was horrible. I felt so bad, so I kept blabbing on about it, but he kissed me to shut me up.

"Go back to sleep, Navy. It's only one o'clock." It was good that we had both calmed down, but I was scared to go to sleep ever again. My dreams are getting worse and they seem too real. I hope this dream wasn't trying to tell me that my dad was searching for me.

"Okay, but I thought I fell asleep in Frank's room." I was suddenly confused as to how I got here.

"Oh yeah. I, uh, carried you here.." He sounded bashful and cute. Aw.

"Okay, that's fine. Goodnight. Or, morning.." Sleepiness fell over me out of nowhere. There was a short silence until he began to speak again.

"Oh, and Navy?... I love you too."