A Beautiful Thing

"He escaped prison, somehow and the cops found him. Navy, he is so sorry, I can no longer deny that." Gerard said. It's not hard for me to forgive people, it just seems unreal. My tears had stopped and for once I feel no anger. Sleeping with Gerard represents overcoming my past, and now I can say that I have fully forgiven. People make mistakes no matter how major or minor they are. There was suffering in my fathers eyes when he cried out. I finally put myself in his position and I can fully comprehend. I understand people do things they wouldn't usually do when they are drunk and if I was in that position, I would do everything that I could to try and reach forgiveness.

"Everything is okay now." I smiled. "Mikey, I'm sorry for keeping you here, you can leave if you want." I said as I took his hand in thanks for staying.

"I don't want to leave until you are sure you're alright." He said with an encouraging face.

"I'm sure. Thank you." We smiled at each other and hugged before he left.

"It's almost 8 o'clock and we haven't ea-"

"I love you, Gerard." My words interrupted his, but I had never felt more love in my entire life. He smiled with tears in his eyes.

"It's a beautiful thing, Navy. Seeing you overcome something this big."

"Hey," I kissed his lips playfully, "You helped. A lot." The tears actually dropped from his eyes, slowly skidding down his cheek. "And I can't thank you enough, Gerard."

We sat there, at the bottom of the steps, for a good amount of minutes before we decided to head to the diner to eat.

I guess this is just a happy ending to a sad story, but its not over yet. Maybe there's a baby in the future, who knows. Right now, everything is the best it has been in years and there's nothing that can tear me apart now.