Chapter 4- new Bestfriend

"You're late." Ross says standing in the spot we met two days ago.

"By three minutes!" I says jogging over to him.

"That's a long time for a guy!" He says with a smile that shows his teeth. I'll admit, he is very handsome. I snap myself out of the thought.

"I'm sorry." I say with a frown. He crosses his arms, and starts tapping his foot as he stares at me. I can't help but laugh a little.

"You have to pay up for the three minutes." He says. I look at him confused. He turns areound and points to the edge of the lake by the bridege, and my eyes widen.

"You have got to be kidding." I say. He laughs, and holdsout his hand.

"Heck no!" I say. He rolls his eyes.

"Fine, but when we come back here at the end of the day, you are going swimming." He says with a smile. I laugh, and roll my eyes back at him.

"But first, Dinner." He says.

"Dinner!?" I ask. He nods.

"It's 3:00!" I say causing him to laugh a little.

"It will be a Linner." He says.

"A Lineer?" I ask laughing a little.

" A lunch and dinner put together." He explains like I should already know it. I laugh even harder, and we get into his truck. I just walked here, because Hannah and Jack's house isn't too far away.

He has an old Chevy truck. It's a light blue, but since it's old, a lot of the color has faded off. Jack has a truck like this, but it's red.

"I know, it's bad." He says letting me slide in first, and getting in the drivers seat after me.

"I didn't sy that!" I say.

"I saw you looking at it, and I know, it's not like youre used to." He says starting to drive down the road to the town.

"I like it!" I say. He laughs.

"Youre the first." He says. I smile a little.

"Wait, so you've never had another girl in this truck before tell you that they like it?" I ask. He taps his hand on the wheel, like it's a nervous tick.

"Can I admit something?" He asks looking over at me, and back at the road.

"Yeah?" I say, but more in a question form.

"Youre the olny girl Ive had in this truck before." He says not looking at me this time, like his eyes are locked on the road.

"Really?" I ask very surprised. I'm surprised he hasn't had many girls, considering how attractive he is... I rforce myself out of that thought too.

"Yeah. I don't have very many friends, beyond friends that are girls." He explains, keeping his eyes on the road. I can tell he's a little embarrassed to admit it.

"I don't have many friends that are guys either. " I say. And it's true. All I have is Anna and Alexis. And we're not even that close.

"Why not?" He asks finally looking at me.

"Because It's me." I say with a laugh.

"And what's wrong with that?" He asks as we pass the City Limit sign.

"You don't know me" I say looking out the window, not really wanting to finish that thought.

"Youre the only girl who has actually talked to me." He says elbowing me playfully.