Chapter 12- Love Never Stays Apart

It's been three days since I saw Ross. We've both been so busy that we don't have time to go out to the house. He's been working on his parent's farm lately, and my parents have been trying to find me a place to stay around here. I decided to finish my college classes online, and I'm almost done with my final semester. Praise the Lord.

"Hey Laur." Hannah says as she walks into my room. I'm sitting over at my desk with my laptop, so she pulls a hair over to sit down next to me.

"How are your classes?" She asks.

"Well, it's college." I say, and she laughs a little.

"I never went to college." She says. I look over at her, but I'm just a little bit taller than her.

"I didn't know that." I say. I really didn't. Hannah and Jack never really told me about their past. I never really asked why either, maybe they were drug dealers who went to jail or something. Hannah and Jack surprise me a lot.

"Neither did Jack. I think there was only four out of our high school class who did." She explains. I smile a little remembering her and Jack were high school sweethearts. I never had one of those. I never had a lot of girl friends either. I had a lot of guy friends, and I only dated about three of them. The best part about having guy friends, I never went to prom alone. I laugh a little at myself.

"What's so funny?" She asks.

"Nothing. Just thinking about my high school years." I say meeting eyes with her again. She laughs a little too.

"I always knew some of those boys liked you." She says leaning back in her chair. I roll my eyes at her.

"Well, they never came back after high school!" I say. She rolls her eyes at me this time. I guess I know where I picked the habit up from.

"That's their mistake. I figure the right guy for you will come soon enough. Then you'll get married, and have me some grandbabies!" She says. I lean back in my chair laughing.

"And I expect a lot of them!" She says making me laugh even harder. She starts to laugh with me.

"Oh I don't know about that." I say, and she smiles.

"I can't wait till you do find someone." She says causing me to smile too. Ross comes to my mind, and I smile even bigger.

"And I better meet him as soon as you do!" She says. I laugh a little, and keep smiling; but on the inside, I'm not smiling or laughing.

"Lets see if I can meet one first!" I say. She nods, and stands up.

"Alright, I'll leave you alone to do your work." She says walking out of my room, and shutting the door. That's when my phone starts buzzing. I look over to see that it's Ross calling me. I can't help but smile.

"Hello?" I ask into the phone.

"Hey there gorgeous!" Hey says making me smile even more.

"Whatcha doin?" I ask.

"Just laying here. What about you?" He asks.

"School work." I say looking down at my papers and textbooks scattered all over my desk. I can't wait for it to be over.

"Oh, do you need to go?" He asks.

"No. I'd rather talk to you." I say. He laughs a little.

"Have you been busy lately?" He asks. I nod, but then feel very stupid after I do. He can't see you, you Ding Dong.

"Yeah. Have you?" I finally ask.

"Yeah. Just on the farm though. I think I'm going to go over to the house tonight, do you want me to pick you up?" He asks.