Chapter 20- Its Easy To Love You

As mad as I am right now at Hannah and Jack for never telling me about Jack having cancer, that's the last thing on my mind. The only thing I can think about is how far it is from Texas to here. How far I'll be from Ross.

It's been three days since the day I found out we would have to leave for Houston, and I still haven't been able to find the words to tell Ross. What do I say?

Ross, I'm leaving...... No.
Ross, Jack is too sick, and we have to leave....No.
Ross, I have to leave with my family. It could be a long time till we come back.....No.

I pick up my notebook that I've been writing things down in for the past few months of everything that has happened. It helps me to release all of the stress, and confusion. To be able to let everything out.

I pick up my notebook, and throw it across my bedroom with a scream.

"No!" I yell while grabbing a couple of my pillows and throwing them one by one across my room.

"I'm not leaving!" I yell again. I don't stop throwing things.

"He's fine! He's ok! I'm not leaving!" I yell. This time I grab other things besides my pillows and start to throw them too.

"I'm staying with Ross!" I yell, and pick up a picture frame, and throw that too. I watch it fly across my room, and hit the ground making the glass in it bust and shatter across the floor. Tears stream down my face, and I walk over to the picture. I pick up the frame, and all the leftover glass falls out. I turn it over so I can see the picture inside, and It's a picture of Ross and I.

It's when we were at the house we're building, and we had paint all over us. He's kissing my cheek, and my eyes are squeezed shut while I'm laughing. I smile a little, as more tears stream down my face.

"I Can't leave Ross." I whisper. More tears start to fall down my cheeks, and I set the picture down and put my face in my hands, as I start to cry. I let everything out. From the time I knew Ross and I couldn't be together, to the time when Jack was hurt, and now, when I know I have to leave.

I stand up, and wipe the tears away. I walk over to my mirror and wipe the smeared make-up from under my eyes, and stare at myself. My eyes are bloodshot, and puffy. You can definitely tell I've been crying. I sigh, and turn around to walk out of my room. Hannah left a little bit ago to go see Jack, so she's not home.

I grab the keys to the spare truck, and turn the key to bring it to life. I pull out, and start toward the place where I know Ross will be. Our House.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As soon as I pull in, I notice his truck is parked on the other side of the drive way, and the front door is open. I shut off the truck, and sit there for a minute trying to think about what to say. Just thinking about it makes me want to cry. I feel a lump in the back of my throat start to form, and I swallow hard, and get out of the truck.

I walk up the three steps to the front door, and walk inside. I hear music playing, so I walk into the living room where Ross is standing there painting the door frame between the kitchen and living room, while dancing and singing to the song "This is How We Roll" By Florida Georgia Line. I smile as I watch him, and he almost falls causing me to laugh. He turns around and smiles.

"Laur!" He yells as he runs over and embraces me in a hug.

"I didn't know you were coming!" He says. I smile a little, and he hands me a paint brush.

"Come on, you can help." He says. He walks back over to stereo, and changes the song. It takes it a minute, but the song "Timber" By Kesha comes on, causing me to laugh. He walks over and starts painting again while shaking his butt, and singing along to the song.

"It's going down. I'm yelling timber!" He sings at the top of his lungs while he tries to dance just making me laugh. I start to paint with him, and he runs over to me and grabs my hand, making me drop the brush.

"Spin your partner round and round, end of the night it's going down." He repeats as many times as he does, while spinning me around like you would a ballerina. I can't help but to laugh. He picks me up, and lifts me up on his back giving me a piggy-back-ride through the room as we sing along to the song.

He eventually puts me down and kisses my cheek, and returns to painting to finish out the song. He still doesn't stop singing though. I can't help but to roll my eyes at him, and laugh a little.

After that song ends, a new song comes on that I've only heard a few times. Every time I have hear it though, it makes me want to cry because of how sweet it is. Ross looks over at me, and puts down his paint brush. I do the same, and he wraps his hands around my waist, and I wrap mine around his neck. I smile as we start to sway along to the song "It's Easy to Love You" And Ross starts to sing along

"I remember all the summer days, I'm drinking wine in the sun shine
I hope it never leaves.
And I remember all those summer nights, staring at you in the moonlight
I hope it never leaves, cause baby your so good to me.
You have, all that I'll ever need.

It's easy to love you
so easy to love you, you know it's true
the best part of being with you, to know you're with me
It's not so hard to say,
It's easy to love you.

I remember all those winter days,
frozen in the cold trying to get you home, should I be moving in?
Remember spending all those winter nights
Staying inside by a warm fire, yeah you gotta know,
I can never let you go.
You and I, have the rest of our lives to see.

It's easy to love you
So easy to love you, you know it's true
the best part of being with you, to know you're with me
It's not so hard to say, it's easy to love you.

Can anybody else see it?
Can anybody else see what I do?
Can anybody else feel it?
Can anybody else feel the way I do?
When I'm with you?

Hard to forget all the moments when
we'd be sitting there hoping it would never end, cause this is meant to be
Baby will you marry me?

It's easy to love you
So easy to love you, you know it's true
The best part of being with you, to know you're with me
It's not so hard to say
It's easy to love you.

So easy to love you, you know it's true
The best part of being with you,
You're easy to love. "

He sings it all so perfect, and we were so close the entire time. I fell a tear slip down my cheek, and I lay my head against his chest as we both stand there, wrapped in each other's arms.

"I love you." He whispers into my hair. I smile a little

"I love you too." I finally say back.
"Forever?" He asks. I pull away from the hug and stare at him for a minute as he wipes the tear away from my cheek with his thumb.

"And always." I answer. He smiles, and he leans down and kisses me.

It was in that very moment, that I can assure you, was Perfect.