Chapter 38- Going Home

1 WEEK LATER***************************

"I want a big hug, and a big kiss!" Jack says to me. I can't help but to laugh.

I'm leaving Hannah and Jack for the next two weeks so I can go home with Ross. We've stayed up here for the past week and I could tell he was ready to go back home. But I wanted to go with him this time. I felt like I should ask for permission, but then I remembered I'm not a teenager anymore.

"Will you be ok up here with Hannah?" I ask bending down to give him a hug.

"Your old man will be just fine." He says making a smile spread across my face.

"I'll come down and visit you in a few days. " Hannah says. I smile. I still think she's worried about me and Ross.

"Ok Hannah." I say. She winks at me. That's when Ross walks in the room.

"Ok, I have everything packed in the car. You ready to head to the airport?" He asks.

"Not until I get to talk to you young man!" Jack says making all of us laugh.

"Yes sir?" Ross asks walking over to the side of his bed.

"Take care of that little girl over there." He says and Ross smiles even more.

"With my life." He says winking at me.

"I guess I'll see you at home then." I say walking over to Ross's side so I could talk to Jack. Ross wraps his arm around my waist.

"Yes you will. " Jack says confident.

"Drive safe." Hannah says as she walks over to hug me cutting Jack off from saying anything else. I hug her back tight.

"I love you." She whispers in my ear.

"I love you too." I say and she lets go. I give Jack a hug, and he kisses my cheek.

"Have fun." He says. I just stand there and stare at him for a moment.

If this would have happened a month ago, I don't think I would have been able to leave Jack's side. But now I know I can because I know he will be home in two weeks. He's getting better. Those are three words that I never thought I would be able to hear.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once we got onto the plane, It took off in less than a few minutes. Ross and I got here very late.

"Are you excited to go home?" Ross asks as her entwines our hands together.

"Yeah. A little nervous though." I say. He kisses my cheek.

"You'll be fine, Love bug." He says making me laugh.

"Love bug?" I ask still laughing.

"Ohhhhh yeah." He says making me roll my eyes at him. I missed him so much.

"Do you know what I'm surprised about?" He asks.

"What?" I ask.

"They never found out the secret." He says. I smile a little. They never found out.

"Yeah. There were a lot of times that I thought they had though." He adds. I nod. There were more than a lot. Jack actually did find out, until the car accident.

"Laura, can I tell you something?" He asks starting to change the subject.

"Sure." I say not really knowing what to expect.

"Have you ever been told by someone that they love you?" He asks. I smile a little.

"Yeah." I say.

"Who?" He asks.

"Jack, Hannah, and you." I say. That makes him smile too.

"Well I want to tell you something." He says again. I nod waiting for him to go on.

"I love you." He says. I smile even more.

"But I'm not just saying it. It's not one of those little high school relationships where you say I love you to each other but don't truly mean it. It's not one of those things that when someone asks if I'm in a relationship I don't just say yes. I say yes I am, and she's the most beautiful, and amazing person I have ever met, and she means the absolute world to me. I love you. And when I say that I say it with hopes for the future. Hopes that one day we could share the same last name, and grow old together. I love you Laura." He explains. When he finally finishes, I feel tears forming in the corner of my eyes. He pulls our entwined hands up, and he kisses my hand.

"I love you so much." I say not having any words, because he said it all perfectly.

"Forever?" He says more in a question form.

"And always." I say back kissing his cheek.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of the flight went by pretty quick, and the whole car ride home from Nashville to our small town was full of us laughing and singing along to the radio. Ross would try to kiss me every once in awhile, but he would swerve all over the place so I would reject him. At one point, he pulled over to the side of the road just so he could kiss me.

Oh how I love that boy.

Once we get closer to home, instead of taking a right to go to my house, we take a left which leads out to the middle of nowhere.

"Ross, where are we going?" I ask. Maybe he forgot the way home?

"I have a surprise for you." He says.

"Ross, this road leads to nothing. The middle of nowhere." I say talking to him like he's crazy.

"Oh trust me there is." He says, and that's when we pull up to a house. I smile a little. It's freshly painted white on the outside with light blue shutters on the windows. He gets out of the truck, and jogs over to my side to open up my door like a gentlemen.

"Madam" He says making me laugh a little. I take his hand and step down from the truck. He takes me by the hand, and leads me to the door of the house. As soon as he opens the door, it takes my breath away.

He finished our house.
The house that when I left was all run down, and ugly. Now, it's so beautiful.

When you first walk in, the living room has carpet and the walls are a light brown. There are pictures covering the walls of me and Ross. I walk past it, and into the kitchen. The cabinets are painted white with a brown backsplash matching the living room. Down the hall there are two bedrooms and a bathroom. In one of the bedrooms there were a lot of storage things, but in the farthest room there was an actual bedroom. It was decorated with pictures of us, and candles in all different places. There was a back patio that a door in the room opened up to with a view of the Tennessee hills.

It was all perfect.

"So, what do you think?" Ross asks walking up behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist.

"It's perfect." I say.

"Good." He says kissing the top of my head.

I wouldn't mind growing old with him here.