Chapter 15- Gas To the Fire

(Hey guys! This isn't a long chappy, and I'm sorry, I promise the next will be a longer one, just hold tight! Please heart it, and comment what you think!)

I don't take my eyes off of Ross, and he mouths the words "I'm Sorry." But I just close my eyes.

"I can't believe you." Jack says.

"It's not her fault." Ross says, making me open my eyes again.

"She makes her own choices. It is her fault." Jack says pointing at Ross, making him stop talking.

"Jack, stop." I say, and he looks over at me. It's like what I just said, added gas to the fire, because he's really mad now.

"Don't you dare tell me when to stop, Laura." He says now pointing his finger at me.

"But I will tell you. You are not going to see this boy anymore." Jack says. He grabs my arm, and I try and jerk my arm back, but it doesn't work. He's too strong for me.

"Whoa! Wait! No." Ross says
grabbing my by my other arm, causing Jack to stop.

"She is my daughter boy. I will be the one to say what she does, and what she doesn't do." Jack says starting to turn around.

"Why can't I see him!?" I yell yanking my arm back, and using it to wrap around Ross.

"Because he's not the best boy!" Jack starts to yell.

"He was young! He's changed!" I yell back. I'm not afraid to defend Ross in front of Jack. It's like when things like this come along, It doesn't matter. What Ross and I have, it's not just a love story in a fairytale. It's real. I sure as heck plan to keep it that way.

"Who are you to say that he's changed? You haven't even known him that long!" Jack yells.

"You've been here for two months!" Jack adds, yelling even louder.

"It doesn't matter! I still think I'd know if he was a murder or not, Jack." I say. I just added more gas to the fire.

"Just because he's not a murder does not mean he is a good kid. You said he's changed? No one changes Laura. I've learned that for myself. Hannah and I both have." He explains.

"What do you mean?" I ask. Jack looks over at R, and back to me.

"This boy for example, if he wasn't such a bad kid, why did you have to hide your relationship?" Jack asks. He can't throw that in my face.

"Or you." Jack says.

"Me?" I ask.

"Yes, you." He says. He just added gas to my fire.

"What the heck are you talking about!?" I start yelling again.

"Hannah and I hoped and prayed that you would come home changed. That you wouldn't be so disrespectful, or lie to us all the time. But yet look where we're standing, Laura." He says. I take my arm back from Ross, and walk right in front of Jack.

"I had respect for you and Hannah. Don't you dare throw that in my face." I yell.

"Respect? Ha! The most respect we got from you, is when you actually cleaned up after yourself." Jack says.

"That's a lie." I say.

"A lie? Oh sure. I know plenty of those that you've told us." He says.

"I only learned from the best." I say staring right into his eyes, where I hope it cut him deep.

"Lies!? Name once that we lied to you!" Jack yells taking a step closer towards me, where he is literally yelling in my face.

"What about my family? 'Oh don't worry, Laur. They're just fine. I wish I could tell you more, but we just aren't allowed to.'" I say trying to sound like Jack.

"That wasn't a lie. We weren't supposed to tell you anything." He says.

"What about them being fine? Then the next day I find out all of them are dead, and if they're not dead, they're in jail." I yell back at him. If it was a piece of paper I was reading off of, I would throw the paper in his face. But as of now, all I can do is throw the words in his face until it hurts. Maybe then we'll get somewhere.

"And who saved you from those fools? We did." He says.

"Don't talk about them that way." I say.

"You don't tell me what to do. Now we are leaving." He says, and he grabs my arm. I try and kick him, and he picks me up, and carries me to the truck while I try hitting him. Ross runs over, and tries to get me down, but Jack punches him in the stomach, hard. I yell as he falls to the ground, wrapping his around his stomach. Jack shoves me into the truck, and he backs up, pulling away from the house.

"Jack! Stop!" I yell forcing back tears, but he doesn't listen, and he drives away leaving Ross back there on the ground, hurt. I hit Jack over and over, but he still doesn't stop. He doesn't even flinch.

I lay my face in my hands, and I start to cry. Why is he doing this? Why? But I don't have an answer. I just keep crying, and crying. I don't know what else to do at this point. I know Jack won't let me see him. I know it. He'll take my phone away, so I can't call him, and he won't let me use the truck. He won't even let me out of the house.

"You better not ever talk to me that way again." He says, and I look up at him with anger in my eyes.

"Take me back." I say whipping the tears away.

"No. Absolutely not. You are never allowed to see that boy again." He says. I grab the thing that's closest to me, which just so happens to be a wrench. I start hitting him in the arm.

"Jack! He's hurt!" I yell.

"Laura! Stop!" He yells starting to swerve on the road.

"He's hurt! You have to go back!" I yell.

"Laura!" He yells louder than what he has the whole day, and I look at the road, to see the bridge, but we're not passing it, we're going straight at it. I scream, and there's a big bump, and the truck is no longer on the bridge.
We're in the air, above the water.