Chapter 1

Tanjiro pov:

"Caw Caw Tanjiro, Nezuko, Zenitsu and Inosuke have been summoned by Oyakata-Sama Caw Caw " said the Kasugai crow. My friends and I have just finished training and are now complying to the order given to us. I carry Nezuko in her box to the main estate to receive orders for our possibly next mission.

"What kind of mission do you think we'll get this time Tanjiro? Do you think we'll go on a mission with a Hashira again? I hope it is Mitsuri-San or maybe Shinobu-San. They are both so beautiful! But Nezuko-Chan is way more beautiful 😍 💕!!!Nezuko-Chan~!!! OWW?! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING??!"

"HMPH! You are annoying Monitsu!"

"It's Zenitsu! Get it right will ya! We have known each other for months now Inosuke!!"

"That's enough you two. I think this time we'll get a mission in some neighboring country or empire. I overheard Shinobu-San talking about it with Aoi-San. I am not so sure about it though."

Time skip to when they reached the main estate.

"Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke it is good to see you again. I hope that you've been well? Is Nezuko here too? I hope that everyone accepts her even though she is a demon."I hear Oyakata-Sama speak. His voice always makes me feel at ease. Like the gentle waves of an ocean.

"Yes Master, we have been well. Most of the Hashiras have already accepted Nezuko and now see her as a younger sister. But some of them...."I trailed off. The look on his face told me that he understood what I was trying to say. Shinazugawa-San and Iguro-San were having trouble in accepting a demon as their ally. When I thought back to the time when he stabbed her I still get very angry and get scared that I will not be able to protect her. I was mad at Shinazugawa-San for stabbing her but I could not blame him for his actions as we humans have already lost a lot to demons. A human helping a man-eating demon would be a betrayal of the worst kind.

"Do not fret Tanjiro. With time I am sure they'll accept her."
"Yes Master"
"Now as for your mission. Demons have been sighted in the empire of Eorka. You are to go there under the disguise of a bodyguard for the Imperial Palace and the Eckhart duchy. You are to report your progress every week. You are to leave tomorrow before sun rise."
Hearing this my blood ran cold. Nezuko squirmed in her box. I could tell that she was very uncomfortable with the place where our mission was. Zenitsu placed his hand on my shoulder and gave me a look of concern. Inosuke also turned to look at me.
As if sensing our discomfort Oyakata-Sama says,"Are you all right,Tanjiro?"Hearing his voice I managed to calm down. Nezuko stopped squirming too.
"Yes Master"
"I would have given this mission to someone else but unfortunately everyone else is either training or on a different mission or is injured or has just returned from a mission. This mission will probably take you at least six months because we must stabilize the condition there. The demon sightings and your sudden appearance will probably raise a lot of question. So please be careful."
"As you wish Master. " Zenitsu and I replied in a chorus while Inosuke just hmphed. We then bowed (except Inosuke) and turned to leave.

Time skip to when they reached the Butterfly Mansion

"I still do not understand why we should respect that man."
"Inosuke...He is the head of the Demon Slayer Corps."
"So what?!"
"Ha...."
We have been having this conversation for quite a while now.
Oh! I see Kanao.
"Kanao!"
"Konnichiwa."
She spoke without using her coin! I am glad that now she is making her own decision and listening to her thoughts.
"We just returned after taking orders from Oyakata-Sama. We are leaving for a mission in Eorka tomorrow morning. It will take us almost half a year to complete this mission. So we wanted to thank you for taking care of us again."
"You do not have to thank us we were just following orders. Sayonara."
With that we parted ways. For some reason Kanao's complexion was a bit red.... I hope she isn't sick.

I do not own 'Death is the only ending for the villainess' and 'Kimetsu no Yaiba'.

-ItsKateD