Chapter 5

Previously

"Your highness this is my younger sister." - Tanjiro

Now

Callisto pov

The girl had blackish - brown hair with magenta tips. Her eyes were a beautiful shade of pink. She also wore a weird green bamboo muzzle thingy. But all that aside,
"Did she just grow in size?!" - Callisto
"What are you? Blind?" - Inosuke
"Inosuke! I apologize for his behavior, your highness and yes, she did grow in size. She has a condition that even I don't know much about." - Tanjiro

Tanjiro pov

I have absolutely no idea what to do! I could lie but we all know that I am not a good liar. I really hope he buys what I said! Well, what I said is not exactly a lie. I mean her being a demon is a condition. And while I do know about demons I possibly couldn't know every single thing about them.

Soon, the Crown Prince overcame his shock. He narrowed his eyes at Nezuko while she just blinked twice. I moved to stand in front of her with my right hand stretched to the side, indicating that I would not let him hurt her. The Prince merely raised an eyebrow and smirked at the sight.

"So, what 'condition' does your sister have?" - Callisto
"I do not know what it is called but she can change the size of her body." - Tanjiro
"If that was it then what is that muzzle for? And why were you carrying her in a box?" - Callisto

He is clearly enjoying this.
What do I do? I can't think of anything!

Zenitsu pov

I can see Tanjiro thinking hard. I know he can't lie so I have to do something or the Prince will definitely hurt Nezuko. I can't let that happen but I am so scared! What do I even say?! Think! Think! Ah! I got it!

"The thing is that...." - Zenitsu

From the corner of my eyes I see Tanjiro and Inosuke turn to look at me with wide eyes. I don't know about Inosuke since he was wearing the boar head and just turned to look at me with his hands on his waist.

"Hmm?" - Callisto

Waaaah I haven't even said anything yet and I already want to give up. But I won't. I'll do anything to protect Nezuko-Chan!

"Nezuko-Chan can't speak properly.... A doctor said that the bamboo that she is wearing has some medicinal properties in it that can probably heal her. The box is because Nezuko-Chan has a very frail body and often gets tired. Even the heat of the sun is too much for her. Since we always travel, we thought that it would be better if we carry her in a box without anyone knowing than on our backs, since carrying her on our back would bring a lot of criticism towards her. Tanjiro did not want to speak of this because he does not like talking about the disabilities of his younger sister. We also heard that some nobles tend to look down on commoners. And we'll probably be here for quite some time so we do not know if someone was eavesdropping on us. That would also ruin your highness's image. Though, I doubt having a mere frail commoner near your highness would tarnish your reputation but I hope you can understand, your highness....." - Zenitsu

Did he buy it? I gave my all in that. I hope he did.
.....
........
Long story short, we got out alive. He thought over what I said for quite some time and then let us go. He said that he found us interesting and hoped to see us again. I would have said likewise but I thought that, that was enough lies for the day.
He pointed us towards the place where we were to go and even told us a thing or two about etiquette because he really wants to see us again. But why do I feel that it is Nezuko-Chan that he wants to see?

We are currently walking towards the Empress palace and Nezuko-Chan is inside her box once again. Apparently the Emperor does all his duties as the Emperor but leaves the guests to the Empress. 
We all warned Nezuko-Chan that if she is asked to come out of her box, she must stay in her child form no matter what. We do not want a repeat of what happened just now.

"Arigato, Zenitsu." - Tanjiro
"Hmm?" - Zenitsu
"For what you said back there. If you hadn't done what you did we would have been in a lot of trouble. So... Arigato." - Tanjiro
"Ehhh! You don't have to thank me! That's what friends are for right! Hihihi." - Zenitsu.
"Hmph! I bet I can do a lot better than you!" - Inosuke
"Haaah?! Since when is this a competition?!" - Zenitsu
"That's enough you two." - Tanjiro

Tanjiro pov

Watching the two of them fight I can't help but remember my siblings. I am so grateful that I have the two of them as my friends.
From what the Crown Prince told us, we have to keep the fact that we met him hidden. It seems that the Empress and the Crown Prince don't have a good relationship. If the Empress found out that we met the Prince and he let us go. Then she'll assume that we are good acquaintances and she'll try to prevent us from entering the palace thinking that we support the Crown Prince.

But if we show that we have a rocky relationship with the Crown Prince then she'll try to use us as spies to gain information that she can use against him.

To others the Crown Prince may look evil but I could still smell kindness from him, if not kindness then pity. When Zenitsu lied about Nezuko to him, at first he did not believe him. But I could smell pity from him towards Nezuko when he realized how much sense it made.
The Prince wasn't cruel just misunderstood.

We are in front of the Empress palace. The butler left to inform the Empress of our arrival. He returned a few moments later to inform us that the Empress was in a meeting with someone else.
A maid then came and whispered something in the butler's ear. The butler thanked her and then turned towards us.

"The Empress is ready to see you. Please come this way." - Butler

We followed him towards a room with huge doors. He knocked on the door then announced our arrival. We heard a small 'come in' from the other side. He held the door open for us and we walked inside.

Once inside we noticed that there was a blonde woman who was probably the Empress along with four other people.

"Thank you for having us here, your majesty!" - Tanjiro

I could see her looking us up and down. Especially Zenitsu, her eyes widening slightly. Not only her but everyone else in the room was quite surprised to see Zenitsu too.
Zenitsu, conscious of all the attention moved slightly to hide behind me and Inosuke with a slightly nervous expression on his face.
Seeing this, everyone quickly changed their expression .

"Ah yes, well since you will also be working for the Eckharts. I also had them come here in that way it will be convenient for all of us, right?" - Empress

I can smell her intentions as clear as day. She is going to place two of us under the Crown Prince and one of us under the Eckharts. She is looking down on all of us. She is looking down on them by giving them mere swordsmen as bodyguards. Moreover swordsmen who were kids. I felt bad for the Prince. No wonder he didn't like the Empress.

I didn't feel bad for the Eckharts though. We all know why.

I took in the Eckharts' appearances. A man who had bluish-black hair and blue eyes. The Duke of Eckhart. Another man who looked like the younger version of him. Derrick Eckhart. A guy with pink hair and blue eyes. Reynold Eckhart. I clenched my fists unconsciously. How dare they....

There was also a girl with pink hair and blue eyes.

Nezuko didn't mention anyone like that- She did! My eyes widened slightly. That girl was....

Yvonne Eckhart!

Note~

•Yvonne was found earlier when they were searching for Penelope.
•But even after they found her they didn't stop searching for Penelope.
•This was because Yvonne pleaded for them to find Penelope.
•Yvonne is not possessed.
•She is a nice person and genuinely cares for Penelope. 
•She asked them to find Penelope because she wanted to apologize on behalf of her family for treating her badly.

• I have not decided if Leila will be there or not. Even if she will be there she won't be possessing Yvonne.

I do not own 'Death Is The Only Ending For The Villainess' and 'Kimetsu no Yaiba'.

See you all in next chapter! 👋

–ItsKateD