Chapter 3

Third person pov

After hearing Oyakata-Sama giving them a mission in Eorka, saying that Nezuko was scared would be an understatement. She shuddered as she remembered the pain that was inflicted upon her.

Flashback

Even though Nezuko was young, she was quite intelligent. She knew that it was Reynold who had framed her back then. She probably would have been able to defend herself with proper reasons if the Duke had given her a chance to explain the situation. But even if he did, she wouldn't have. Because then Reynold would be in trouble. Though now she is the youngest child of the Kamado family, even Nezuko was an older sister once. Whenever she looked at Reynold, he reminded her of her brothers. Because of this she couldn't bring herself to tell them the truth.

Then there was Derrick. Nezuko always knew that he was someone who cared only about the Eckhart name (honestly if he did care about the Eckhart name he would've tried fixing his attitude first). At first he simply let her be. But after the necklace incident. He was always very cold to her. Vulgar thing. She remembered him saying. How she wished that maybe at least he would treat her like a proper sister since he cared so much for the Eckhart name. Now that she thinks about it Derrick kinda looks like Giyuu. Though the two of them are very different. Even though Giyuu looks cold, he is very nice to her and gives her headpats.

The Duke...Nezuko had thought that since the Duke took her in at least he'd treat her properly. But no matter how much she was mistreated by everyone, he didn't even bat an eye. As if she didn't even exist. As if he never brought her in that darned household! Even though Nezuko was from a simple family of charcoal sellers, she still had some dignity within her. She decided that she had had enough of the abuse and did not want to put up with it anymore.

So she left one night. She managed to sneak out of the house and used the hole in the training grounds that the knights used to escape their training. She may have been small but she was really fast! Like a rabbit! After almost 2 years of living in that hellhole, Nezuko felt as if a burden had been lifted from her shoulders.

But then reality struck her. Where would she go? She wanted to go home to see her parents, her siblings - Tanjiro, Takeo, Hanako and Shigeru. But how? She remembered that before she was kidnapped her mother was pregnant. Which meant that she had another sibling now! She hoped to see them as soon as possible.

Looking around she saw some carriages carrying goods. One of them were going near the borders of the empire. She prayed to whatever God that would listen to her and snuck into the carriage. 

It was easy for her to hide with her frail body that had grown thin because of malnutrition. She made sure not to fall asleep no matter what ( kinda like me it's currently 1 am but I suddenly got motivated to write) as she did not want to get caught.

After a few ( ridiculously long) hours they finally reached the borders. As soon as the carriage slowed down, Nezuko crept out of the carriage unnoticed and made her way towards the train. She hid behind some of the boxes that had been loaded inside and waited for the train to move.

She had heard some people say that this was the only train that was there in the whole of Eorka. And as far as Nezuko remembered she had been brought to Eorka on a train too. So there was a chance that if she used the train she'd be able to see her family again.

After looking outside for a few hours and admiring the view Nezuko grew tired and fell asleep. Waking up after 8 hours, she ate an apple from one of the crates.

Almost 3 hours later, the train came to a stop at her destination. Nezuko escaped and ran as far as her little feet could take her, avoiding as many people as possible.

Once she was far enough she stopped for a breath and looked to see if anyone was following her or found her suspicious. Her eyes fell on a familiar face who looked as if he had seen a ghost.
"Saboro-Ojii-San?" - Nezuko
"Nezuko? Child is that really you?" - Saboro-San

Seeing him, Nezuko finally felt safe. That no one would be able to hurt her now as she was finally with someone who she trusted. Her knees buckled as she cried. Saboro-San comfortingly and affectionately patted her head and back. He took her back to her house and her happiness knew no bounds.

But she was heartbroken when she found out that her father had passed away when she was away. But she knew that her father wouldn't want her to be unhappy. So she pulled herself together and took care of her siblings so that what had happened to her would not happen to anyone else.

Now that she was finally free from the Eckharts, she wanted to forget everything that had happened. How the maids pierced her arm with needles, how she was fed rotten food, how she was looked down upon just because she was adopted, how they never let her go outside and kept her trapped inside her room as if she were a bird.

She remembered once when she had accidentally flipped the table in her room while trying to stand up. The maid then put on an act and ran to the Duke, crying saying that Penelope/ Nezuko tried to hurt her. She was then locked in her room and was not given food and water for 3 days. She had almost died of dehydration back then and was holding on with sheer willpower.

Flashback End

Nezuko still had nightmares sometimes. She wanted to avoid the Eckharts as much as possible. But at the same time she was curious if they had tried searching for her. Probably not.
But for now she wanted to sleep.

She woke up after hearing some noises. Someone dared to insult her Onii-Chan?! She almost wanted to hop out of her box and strangle them. But she trusted her Onii-Chan and his friends to handle the situation. She heard her Onii-Chan saying that they (as in the people who insulted them) should let them (as in Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and Inosuke) pass the gates as they had nothing to lose.

Eventually they were allowed to pass. Nezuko was silently listening to their conversation. Just as she was going back to sleep, a scream startled her awake. That sounded like Inosuke. She then felt Tanjiro run towards the scream.

Next chapter will probably start with Tanjiro pov. I think you guys have already guessed who the character that pointed a sword at Inosuke is.

I do not own 'Death Is The Only Ending For The Villainess' or 'Kimetsu no Yaiba '.

See you all in next chapter. 👋

–ItsKateD