Chapter 14

Giyuu pov

Oyakata-Sama,

        As I had written in my previous letters, Upper Moon Six has been defeated. Not much has happened since. Though there have been a few casualties.

       Last night, I had encountered eight demons. But I could sense something different about them. They seemed stronger than normal  demons. But slightly weaker than a Lower Moon. It would have made sense if the number of humans it had eaten were a lot. But I could sense that so was not the case.

      I would like to ask of you to let the other Hashira know of this. I fear that Kibutsuji may have planned something that may prove to be of a bigger inconvenience.

      Please take care of your health. I will continue to write to you.

Thanking You,
Yours faithfully,
Tomioka Giyuu

—————

I folded the letter and put it inside the envelope. I handed it over to Kanzaburo who took off with it.

I hope he remembers where he has to go.....

I turned to look at Nezuko.

She was softly snoring in her sleep.

I placed her on the bed and tucked her in.

I went to the opposite side of the room and pulled the curtain slightly so as to not let the sunlight touch Nezuko.

I peeked out to saw Tanjiro and Reynold training.

Reynold tried copying Tanjiro while the latter cheered him on.

The scene reminded me of someone.....

I let go of the curtain, letting it fall back into its place.

What's done is done.

There is no way to turn back time.....

KNOCK KNOCK

I opened the door and saw a girl with a side ponytail and freckles on her face.

If I remember correctly..... then this person...

"Nezuko said that it was a girl with a side ponytail.... Oh! And she had freckles on her face!" - Tanjiro

I narrowed my eyes at her.

"What's your name?" - Giyuu

"I-Its Emily...!" - Emily

"What are you here for?" - Giyuu

"I-It was time for lunch so I brought f-food...." - Emily

"Rotten food?" - Giyuu

She flinched.

"O-Of course not! How could I even dream of-!" - Emily

"I hope you won't repeat what you had done. Anyways, Nezuko already ate. So I think your work here is done." - Giyuu

I was about to shut the door when