Chapter 2

Hello ‐ Tanjiro talking to us
"Hello" - Talking amongst themselves
Hello - Thinking

Tanjiro pov:

The sun is about to rise and we are ready to leave. I hope I don't break or lose my katana this time or Haganezuka-San will have my head. I shuddered at the thought of him chasing me with a knife again.
Suddenly I felt a presence behind me. I turned around and it was
"Tomioka-San!😃"
"Tanjiro....are you leaving for a mission?"
"Ah yes we are going to Eorka for a mission. We'll return in probably six months. Did you just return from a mission?"
"Yes I did. Apparently some demons lived on Mt Natagumo after the defeat of Lower Moon Five. If you have any trouble do send me a letter through the Kasugai crows.  I will try to get a mission to Eorka if things get out of hand. So don't worry. Be careful."
"I will!😃 Sayonara!"
"OI GONPACHIRO!! What did mismatched haori say to you?!"
"Show him some respect Inosuke! He is the water Hashira!"
"Don't tell me what to do!"
"He said that he'll try to help us if things get out of hand in Eorka."
"Haa... Tomioka-San cares so much for you Tanjiro."
"Ehh..?"

We are currently walking to the station to catch a train. While we travel I let my mind wander. I wonder what kind of place Eorka is. I don't know anything about that place other than how the Eckharts treated Nezuko. I would've tried to maybe sympathize with them but framing and abusing a child isn't something a person should sympathize with no matter the reason. Even if they apologize it doesn't change the fact that Nezuko was hurt. I have to protect Nezuko. No matter what I will not let her be hurt because of them or anybody!

"...jiro! MONJIRO!"
"Huh?"
"Are you even listening to what I am saying Monjiro?!Don't ignore me! "
"Ah! Gomen Inosuke."
"Hmph! What are you thinking so hard about?"
"Ah...that is....um..." I wonder if I should tell them. Of course I should they are my friends!
"It's about Nezuko..."
"What?! Did something happen to Nezuko-Chan? Is she okay? She isn't hurt right?"
"No no she is fine.. it's just that...."I ended up telling them the whole story.
"I feel so bad for Nezuko-Chan... How old was she when she returned home?"
"She was 11."
"She was so young...."
"Yeah...Oh look we are at the station!"

We all waited at the station for the train to arrive. Eventually the train arrived and we got on we had hidden our katana so we weren't questioned by anyone but we were on guard and definitely did not go to sleep as we did not have good experiences on the train. We kept watch for demons on the train after sun set because we did not want a repeat of last time.

We got off the train at 7 pm.  Eorka only had a railway system in a small nameless town near the borders. I doubt that the Imperial family knows of this as there is a no way a town with a railway system would be nameless. Or maybe author-chan is just too lazy to think of a name. Maybe both..... Wait who's author-cha-(AHEM-SKIP!)

It's currently 9 pm and we are in the capital. I am so nervous! This place is so crowded! Haa.... Calm down Tanjiro! Let's find a place to eat first!

We had been given enough Eorkan(?) currency to pay for our needs just in case. After eating (and a lot of stares from everyone around us because of how Inosuke was eating using his hands. Not that I blame him. Eating with these strange utensils was difficult! But what surprised me the most was that instead of looking at Inosuke who was literally wearing a boar's head, people seemed more interested in Zenitsu, particularly his hair. Now that I think about it, I didn't see anyone who was blonde here. I saw various other colors but not blonde. I wonder why.)

Time skip to when they are in front of the Imperial palace: 10 pm

"State your name and purpose of visit." said one of the guards at the gates.
"My name is Kamado Tanjiro. It is a pleasure to meet you."
"Hashibira Inosuke! You better remember my name!"
"Inosuke! Ah! My name is Agatsuma Zenitsu..."
"We were assigned as bodyguards of the Imperial Palace and the Eckhart duchy." - Tanjiro
"Hahaha! You little brats are bodyguards!? What a joke! The position of a bodyguard is something that even we are not given, and all of us actually know how to fight! Go home and play amongst yourselves! This is not a place for someone like you! Bodyguards! What a joke!"- one of the guards.
"Haaahhh! If you think you're so great then FIGHT ME!"- Inosuke
"Inosuke don't! Sir please let us pass. If we are fakes then we'll be kicked out without a moments hesitation and we'll probably even be punished! You do not have anything to lose." - Tanjiro

They  let us pass after some convincing but weren't very happy about it. But I think that they are still suspicious of us. Especially Nezuko's box. I wish I could've brought Nezuko out but I doubt they'd let her in as she didn't even carry any weapons.

"This place is huge!" - Zenitsu
"You're right! It's so beautiful too! Isn't it Inosuke? * turns around * Inosuke?" - Tanjiro
"Eh.. Where is he? He was here just now wasn't he?" - Zenitsu
"AAAAHHH WHO DO YOU ARE HUH POINTING YOUR SWORD AT ME! FIGHT ME! FIGHT ME!" - ???
"AAAAAGGH! That sounds like Inosuke! Did he encounter a demon!? I'm so scared 😱!!" - Zenitsu
"Inosuke we're coming! Let's go Zenitsu!" - Tanjiro
"Wait for meeee!" - Zenitsu

Next chapter will be about Nezuko . It will mostly focus on what she has been through till now. As you may have noticed I have not written any Nezuko pov. This is because Nezuko is asleep most of the time. And even in the show we have not seen Nezuko thinking about something like other humans or demons, so I think that she does what she is asked to and just goes with the flow. So next chapter will be how she feels about everything that is happening.

The timeline for this story is before season 2 of demon slayer but after Mugen Train arc. This means that Upper Moon 6 Daki and Gyuutaro are still alive. And Rengoku is... ya know. Yeah.

I also wanted to say that I have not read the manga of Demon Slayer and I have not read the novel of DITOEFTV.

I do not own Death Is The Only Ending For The Villainess and Kimetsu no Yaiba.

See you all in next chapter! 👋

– ItsKateD