Chapter 6

Previously

Nezuko didn't mention anyone like that- She did! My eyes widened slightly. That girl was....

Yvonne Eckhart!

Now

Tanjiro pov

I quickly turned my expression to a normal one and smiled,  although it was a very forced one for the Eckharts visibly flinched.

"Before I accept all of you here, I must ask you to show your face... um.." - Empress who looked at Inosuke.

"My name's  Hashibira Inosuke. And you better- Kegh!" - Inosuke
Before he could say anything that could, you know, get us killed, Zenitsu elbowed him in the stomach.

"Take. Off. The. Boar. Head." - Zenitsu muttered under his breath.
Inosuke for the first time did as he was told without complaints.

The moment he took off his mask everyone's jaws (except me, Zenitsu and obviously Inosuke) were on the floor.

Yvonne looked as if she were trying really hard not to fawn over Inosuke.

"What? You got a problem with my face or something?" - Inosuke

"Ah! N-no we just think you are very beautiful!" - Yvonne

"Hmph!" - Inosuke

"How dare a mere commoner like you speak like that to Yvonne?!" - Reynold
"Haaah?! So what if I'm a mere commoner I am definitely stronger than all of you. Fight me!" - Inosuke
"Inosuke! Our job is to protect them not fight them! I apologize for his behavior, young master!" - Tanjiro
Even though Inosuke did nothing wrong, we are the ones who have to apologize because we are commoners. None of this would've happened if Reynold did not try to pick a fight.
He is exactly how Nezuko had described him. Pink hair, blue eyes and will try to pick a fight for no reason.

How much of this did Nezuko have to suffer?

"Ah! Come to think of it did you get any trace of your lost daughter, Duke?" - Empress

Reynold pov

The boar boy is really annoying. Why is he even wearing that mask?
The blonde kid...Is he an illegitimate child of the Emperor or something?
But the red - head looks like.... Penelope. It's almost scary how similar they are. The way they talk. Their face. Their movements. All of it is exactly the same. But the only thing that was different was their eye color and their hair were of different shades. While his is burgundy, Penelope's hair had a pinkish tint to it.
And for some reason he is really hostile towards us.

"Ah! Come to think of it did you get any trace of your lost daughter, Duke?" - Empress

From the corner of my eye I noticed the three to-be bodyguards visibly flinch. Brother also seems to have noticed this.
Do they know something?

" No your majesty, I still haven't found my daughter, Penelope." - Duke

"Oh... I see. Well I hope you find her soon. We'll that concludes the meeting for today. One of you three will go with the Eckharts. And the other two will be placed under the Crown Prince. I personally think that Inosuke and the blonde one should be placed under the Crown Prince. Wouldn't you agree?" - Empress

The way she said it left no room for argument.

Empress pov

The boar boy has a sharp tongue. He'll help in dragging Callisto's name through mud.
Meanwhile the blonde boy.... If he is an illegitimate child then Callisto will kill him himself. I can't let that boy go to the Eckharts or they might try to make him sit on the throne while also rising in power.
And the red - head seems to be the most mature one out of all three. If Callisto gets his hands on him then it'll just improve his reputation. I can't let that happen.
This is easy. I won't even have to do anything. Everything will play out in my favor on its own.

Reynold pov

We are currently traveling back to the Eckhart Mansion with the red - head who introduced himself as Tanjiro Kamado.
Interesting. He has a last name.
He said that the boar boy was Inosuke Hashibira and the blonde one was Zenitsu Agatsuma.
We only had a single carriage so we had offered Tanjiro to ride with us but he declined saying that he could go to the mansion on foot. We all looked at him as if he had grown another head while he just giggled.
In the end we all agreed to let him do what he wanted.

So here we are in the carriage going back. I had just closed my eyes for bit when

"Father,Brothers look!" - Yvonne

I opened my eyes to see her gaping out the window.  We all looked out to see....

Tanjiro running beside the carriage!

He saw us all looking at him. He waved at us then sped up!

"He wasn't joking when he said he could go on foot." - Derrick

"He is so cool!" - Yvonne

Even though all this was happening. I only thought about one thing. Why didn't he just give us his box to carry? It must be difficult for him to run with it right? Just what is in that box?
As if reading my mind...

"I wonder what's in that box." - Yvonne

"Now that you mention it, it seems suspicious." - Duke

"We can just ask him to show us what it is after we reach the mansion." - Derrick

"Hmm. I suppose you're right." - Reynold

Time skip to when they all reached the mansion.

Tanjiro is already there standing calmly as if he didn't just run the entire distance. Even I would be tired! He wasn't even sweating!

"How are you not tired?" - Reynold
"Oh I'm used to this. If I get tired just from running some distance then how could I ever hope to protect you all, young master?" - Tanjiro
"...I guess you are right." - Reynold
"Tanjiro, I have a question." - Yvonne
"Yes?" - Tanjiro
"What is in that box that you carry? It doesn't seem to be luggage as your friends did not have any boxes." - Yvonne
"That- that! Umm..." - Tanjiro
"What is in the box, Tanjiro?" - Derrick
"I guess I should tell you...But first can we please move to a place where no one else's watching?" - Tanjiro

We all go to Father's office. No one, not even the butler was allowed nearby. Just what are you hiding?

Tanjiro pov

I decided to tell them the truth. I was going to be here for six months. There's no way I could hide Nezuko from them for six months.
When Nezuko turned into a demon, her hair color and eye color changed. There's no way they could find out that it is Penelope.
Also Nezuko cannot live in a box for six months right?
I just hope Nezuko is not hurt after seeing them again.

I do not own 'Death Is The Only Ending For The Villainess' and 'Kimetsu no Yaiba'.

See you all in next chapter! 👋

– ItsKateD