chapt 24 • Like This?

I sat impatiently waiting for the percentage of all the exams I had taken this week to be counted all together by Carter Rivers, the academy's headmaster and the father of the guy that I could have my underwear soaking with even the touch of his hand

"You're improving well, a copy of your results will be sent to your home as requested by your Grandmother and your father" He hands me the paper and I immediately block out his words and read the high percentage circled at the bottom.

98%.

"You are also missing your list of universities to be recommended to, you should start looking at those soon, it's important for your future" He adds as my hand turns the doorknob.

"I'll be sure to keep that in mind" I open the door and I'm met with those pair of soft brown eyes that automatically looked at me first.

He looked down at the paper in my hand and I gave him a knowing smile.

"That will be all, continue with the rest of your day Miss Rose" Carter interrupts our staring contest and Alessio draws his attention back to his father who was now standing up.

"Excuse me" I brush my body lightly against his, and hear the door shut when I finally step out.

I can see Annalise with her clipboard approaching the same direction.

Her eyes are now set on me and she approaches me and takes her time to look at my outfit.

"The length of your skirt must reach underneath your knees. You fail to follow such simple instructions" her old and wrinkly hands right something down.

"I'm sure no one will sin at the sight of my knees, my thighs maybe" The irritation in her eyes makes me smile, not even she could wipe the excitement off of my face.

I fucking passed my exams!

Well, I actually tried to pass this time instead of trying to fail on purpose to be kicked out of the the academy for lack of academic credits.

"There is a reason we have a uniform policy, one you need to abide by or you'll be back on probation no matter your academic scores" She huffed.

She ripped off a paper and handed it to me, "You'll be meeting with the council later for your evaluation, you should start by rehearsing some manners and pick out a proper outfit" she walked off after, her black heels clicking against the polished wooden floor.

I uncovered my cross necklace from underneath my shirt to on top, no matter what she wasn't getting me to wear those long skirts or dresses that hit my ankles and had not even a glimpse of skin to be shown.

I'd wear the necklace all she wanted but I wasn't going to wear anything Grandma had sent to me.

I looked at the paper, the building where the council would be waiting for me, and no other information about an evaluation.