rollercoaster

"Hyuka, I'm bored. Can we go to the amusement park today if you're free?" You asked, tapping on his shoulder while he was cutting up fruits for breakfast. "Really? I'm always free!" He replied, turning around to smile at you as you rested your head on his shoulder. The two of you stayed in that position for a moment, enjoying each other's presence.

"I want to go on the roller coaster though, are you going to come up with me this time?" You spoke all of a sudden, remembering the time he had refused to go up and just watched you go on the ride out of fear. 

"Uh let's wait till we get there. I'll assess the height of it later. Let's eat breakfast first. Yes." He said, mumbling nervously and letting out a small laugh, sliding the cut fruits on a plate and passing it to you. 

"It's okay if you're too nervous though, we can go on other rides." You added nonchalantly, picking up a piece of fruit, knowing that he would take up the challenge. Sure enough, he sighed. "Okay okay, I'll give it a try later, but if it's too tall, I'm not going to go on it." "I knew you would say that." You said, the corner of your mouth quirking up to form a smirk as he rolled his eyes.

〔🎢〕

"Uh, are you sure about this? It looks pretty tall to me..." Kai muttered as he stared up at the roller coaster standing before the two of you. "Of course I'm sure, but as I said, it's seriously okay if you don't want to, I mean it this time." You said, concerned at how his face was looking slightly pale. He looked down took a deep breath before nodding. "Okay, I'll give it a shot." But then his confident face faltered a little as he looked up at the tall ride once more. "Can you hold my hand though, I might feel a little scared..." He mumbled as you took his hand into yours and gave it a comforting squeeze. Before long, both of you found yourselves sitting in the cold plastic seats, the safety bar lowered in front of your bodies. Kai wasn't saying anything, but you could feel how nervous he was from the way he squeezed your hand and how he clutched the safety bar so tightly till his knuckles turned white.

The ride began and you looked over at Kai to check if he was okay. His eyes were already pressed into two thin lines. "Kai, it's okay, look at the view of the park, see the carousel and the spinning teacups?" You whispered, trying to take his attention off the ascending motion of the ride. He opened his eyes a little but didn't look anywhere except for your intertwined fingers, trying not to notice how high up you two were.

When the ride reached its climax, it stopped for a moment, before dipping down as screams were heard from the passengers; screams of either fear or from the sudden rush of adrenaline. Kai's screams were the loudest and pierced the air like a dolphin's, making you wish you could video that moment down to tease him.

Everything went past in a blur as the ride tilted this way and that before finally coming to a stop at where it started. You looked around, and let out a laugh when you saw that everyone's hair was messy and flying from the ride, Kai's being no exception. "Come here." You said, standing up and exiting the ride as he followed, his legs still slightly wobbly. He bent down as you made an effort to smoothen out his hair, noticing that the colour had gone back to his cheeks. "You know what?" He asked after you were done. "What?" "It was rather fun." He answered simply, a smile dancing on his lips. "I told you it was fun." You cheered as he picked you up and spun you around before planting a kiss on your forehead. "Thanks for making me feel safe." He whispered, before tugging you into a hug, which you gladly returned. "Welcome Hyuka, now, where should we go next?" You asked, pulling him along as you walked near the game stalls. 

"Should I try and catch one for you?" He asked, already approaching a stall. "We both know I'm better at aiming." You shrugged but smiled so he knew you were joking. "I want the dolphin plushie, it looks like you." You giggled, pointing to a light blue dolphin at the side of the stall. "One dolphin plushie coming right up." He said, picking up a dart and aiming at the target. He missed the first try. He threw again...and missed again. "This thing isn't working." He muttered under his breath and bit his lip in concentration before throwing and missing yet again.

"Let me try." You said, rolling up your sleeves before picking up a dart and aiming at the target before letting it go with a flick of your wrist. The dart landed right smack in the middle of the target. You hit the target for the next two tries too as Kai just stared at you in amazement. "Woooo!" You cheered, asking for the dolphin plushie from the person manning the store. "Well, what do you have to say about my aiming skills?" "You were great I guess," Kai mumbled, trying to smother a growing smile. You pushed the plushie into his hands. "For you. Come on, let's go to another ride, there are so many to choose from!" You chattered on, eyes shining as you pulled him along but he wasn't listening, but focusing on the look of pure joy on your face and smiling at your animated movements, feeling immense love for you in his heart.

〔🎢〕

--------------------------------------------------------------------------