worlds apart

"Did you miss me?" The chestnut brown haired man asked, wiggling his eyebrows goofily as he sat on the chair. "Hm...did I? We just saw each other a few hours ago though..." Y/N asked, pretending to be deep in thought, teasing Beomgyu, who had a pout slowly forming on his lips the longer she dragged the silence. She tried not to laugh when she saw his face of mock disappointment in the mirror while selecting the products she was going to use on his skin.

"Alright, alright, I missed you. Now can you stop pouting? I need to apply your foundation," she said, earning a triumphant grin from Beomgyu. He loved messing around with her and could goof around all day. However, he professionally kept his face neutral while she gently used the blending sponge to apply the foundation on his already flawless skin, her cool breath fanning on his cheeks. She chewed on her lips in concentration, trying her best not to breathe too heavily and held her breath as much as she could while skillfully doing her job.

It was the day of tomorrow by together's music video filming for their new album, the name chapter : temptation. Y/N was excited to see how the concept photos would turn out when they were revealed to the group's adoring fans from around the world. The Daydream concept photos had already been revealed and there had been an overwhelming response from the fans, praising the members' visuals and their versatility in every concept they had done up to date. The various makeup artists and herself had brainstormed of the various makeup styles they could try this comeback and after weeks of experimenting, they had perfected the glitter makeup the group was going to be wearing for a good part of the comeback period.

Y/N was particularly enthusiastic about this new makeup style as she herself had become a fan after being the group's makeup artist since their debut and had watched them grow as artists along the years, how their concepts evolved, which also meant the various changes in their makeup styles. Based on what she saw so far, she was already loving this new era of theirs and felt that the makeup helped bring out the fairy-like, Neverland concept.

She loved working with the group and being around the same age as the members made it easier to communicate with them. Naturally, they had become close friends over time, treating each other like siblings.

As she was deep in thought, she suddenly realised that Beomgyu had been rather quiet the whole time and noticed that his eyes were closed and he was sleeping peacefully. Their schedule had been rather hectic these few weeks as they were gearing up for their comeback and the members would try to get as much rest as they could in between schedules. They were hardly getting any sleep, having back to back filming for various comeback content and it was just going to get even busier during the actual comeback promotion period.

Y/N learnt that they had just finished filming for an interview around four hours ago and had removed their makeup from the earlier schedule but had to put on makeup again for the music video filming two hours later. Beomgyu had apparently been so tired that he had fallen asleep while getting his makeup done. Y/N tilted his chin gently so as to not wake him up and to make sure she put enough glitter to show up on camera clearly. As Beomgyu's face caught the light, Y/N took a moment to admire his facial features.

He was handsome no doubt, his high nose bridge, heart shaped lips, sharp jawline and soulful eyes, that were unfortunately, hidden behind his long lashes now that he was taking a nap. Even though Y/N had been their makeup artist for almost four years now, she would still be in awe of their faces whenever she did their makeup, comparing them to Greek gods.

Y/N didn't know how long she had been staring until Beomgyu stirred in his sleep and his eyelids fluttered a little before he opened his eyes. Their eyes locked for a moment, his half hooded ones and her round cat-like ones, causing Y/N's breath to hitch in her throat. She was suddenly aware of their close proximity and found it hard to breathe all of a sudden, feeling the urge to gulp for air.