"i'm sorry"

You opened the fridge to get milk for your cereal, grabbing the carton of milk before slamming the fridge door shut. Your mood wasn't exactly the best at the moment and it was all because of Taehyun. It was supposed to be your date night with him and he had promised to knock off earlier just for it but it was already 7 and he was not responding to your texts. You were wearing the dress you bought to wear on special occasions and even made the effort to do your makeup and hair, all ready to go out for dinner at the buffet you reserved. As you munched on the cereal, steam poured out of your ears. You kept checking your phone if you had missed calls from him or any new messages saying he would be back soon but none came.

"God damn when is he coming back." You muttered under your breath, scowling at the clock. You were going to miss your reservation time soon if Taehyun wasn't coming back. At that moment, the door opened and Taehyun stood there uneasily, obviously feeling the aura of the room. "Y/n, I'm sorry, I told my boss that I would be knocking off earlier and he approved it the other day but a colleague called in sick today so he got me to cover for him. I'm really sorry, I rushed back home as soon as I was done with work. I know I promised to be back earlier just for today, I'll be taking leave for the next three days to accompany you to the places you wanted to go last time that I didn't have time for." Taehyun apologised repeatedly, looking truly sorry as he knew how much you wanted to spend time with him. Hearing him apologise so sincerely, your anger from earlier simmered away. 

Walking over to him with a poker face, you wrapped your arms around him as he sighed in relief, happy that you weren't angry anymore. "I forgive you but I really missed spending time with you, you've been so busy with work and I know you're working hard to earn money so that we can enjoy life when we get older." You murmured, melting into his embrace. "I'm sorry, I'll try to spend more time with you, okay?" He apologised yet again, running his finger through your hair. "Stop apologising already, it's okay. Really. But we really have to get to the buffet, I made a reservation for 7.30 and it's already 7." His eyes widened as he rushed around, getting ready to go out for dinner while you stood there, smiling fondly at him but at the same time, relieved at how the matter was resolved without arguing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I kind of wanted to make them argue but I ended up writing something less angsty(?)