love shhh!

"There she is again, talking to Sungjin when she was supposed to meet me at the ice cream shop 5 minutes ago," Yeonjun muttered under his breath, glaring at the pair a few metres away from him. He and Y/N were best friends for as long as he could remember, always doing things together, but recently she made a new friend, Sungjin, from their class and constantly hung out with him. Even if Yeonjun didn't want to admit it, Sungjin was a nice guy. Sungjin had made it clear he wanted to become friends with Yeonjun as well but Yeonjun couldn't become friends with Sungjin without worrying that Y/N would prefer being friends with Sungjin instead of him.

Yeonjun felt stupid that he was feeling a little jealous, a whole lot jealous actually, that Y/N and he wasn't spending as much time together and she would often turn up to their meetups with Sungjin following close behind her before they eventually went their separate ways and Y/N went to find Yeonjun. It didn't help that he might have had a crush on her for the longest time and thought he had a chance before Sungjin turned up, bringing his cheerful personality with him. He didn't even know when he started liking Y/N but would find himself feeling oddly jealous when he saw other guys being very close to her.

Yeonjun's thoughts were interrupted when he felt a tap on his shoulder and turned around to find Y/N smiling at him half guiltily as she went to take a seat at the table. "Sorry I'm late, Sungjin and I were discussing stuff." She said, looking apologetic. Yeonjun couldn't help but pout a little. "Why are you always talking about Sungjin when we're hanging out? Don't you think you're spending a little too much time with him?" He said, frowning slightly. Y/N widened her eyes upon hearing that. "What? You're both my best friends, am I not allowed to spend time with him too?" "So he's your best friend now?" Yeonjun asked, getting slightly annoyed that he wasn't informed previously. "Yes, he is, what about that?" Y/N replied, feeling defensive. "I just feel that we're not spending as much time together as before, am I not allowed to be upset or anything? Let me ask you something, me or him?" Yeonjun asked, waiting for Y/N to answer.

But instead of answering, Y/N just leaned in and pressed her lips to his before pulling away. "Is that enough of an answer?" She asked, smirking slightly and Yeonjun just stared at her for a moment before he cupped her face with one hand and pulled her close, so close their noses almost touched, before connecting their lips once more as butterflies fluttered in their stomachs. The crowd disappeared, sounds faded and time seemed to stop as Y/N wrapped her arms around Yeonjun's shoulders, feeling his mouth wander over hers before he pulled away and smiled. "You have no idea how long I wanted to do that." He whispered and they both knew that things were never going to be the same again, but did they regret it? The answer was crystal clear as they looked into each other's eyes, still completely caught up in the moment they knew they would remember forever.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Somewhat inspired by Jo Yuri's "Love Shhh!" cos of the title lol. I was gonna post this on insta but decided to let y'all read it first<3