mémoire

"Grandma, tell me more about Grandpa!" The eight year old girl pleaded, hugging a cushion to her chest. Y/N chuckled softly and nodded her head. "All right, I'll tell you," she said, and her granddaughter sat up straight, ready to listen to her grandmother. Y/N smiled lovingly at her and patted her head before she was transported back to her memories.

"Your grandfather used to bring me out on many dates. Back then, we didn't have much money and couldn't afford to go to a restaurant or the movies so we loved going to places like the park or the beach for a simple date. On our first date, I remember we went to the park for a picnic, it was such a lovely day, the sun was shining brightly and the birds were singing. Your grandfather and I made sandwiches and lemonade to enjoy on the picnic and laid out the old picnic mat I found in my attic and washed. We were so caught up in packing the food that we had forgotten to bring an umbrella in case the weather decided to take a bad turn and guess what happened?"

"You got stuck in the rain?" Y/N's granddaughter guessed, her doe eyes widening.

"We were drenched in the rain when we were enjoying our food and had to pack everything up quickly and found shelter indoors. Both of us fell sick after that though your grandfather had it worse as he had given me his jacket and was freezing in his shirt. Our date had to be continued indoors but it was a memorable first date and I can still remember how much fun we had, just eating and talking under the clouds." Y/N reminisced, the corners of her lips tilting into a smile at the fond memories.

"Grandpa was so cool," The little girl exclaimed, earning a laugh from Y/N. "Oh, he was. He swept me off my feet at our first meeting. You know, there were so many girls that would queue up to be his girlfriend. Your grandma was the lucky one that caught your grandpa's eye," Y/N smirked, showing off to her granddaughter. "Grandma is so cool too," her granddaughter said in awe. "Tell me about your second date Grandma!"

"Our second date was equally as wonderful as the first. Your grandfather rented a small fishing boat for us that day and brought a whole bucket of bait to catch fish in the sea. We spent the whole afternoon trying to catch fish with our makeshift rods and bait but we only managed to catch small fish that couldn't even be eaten and those we eventually released back into the water. Your grandpa was so disappointed that he couldn't catch a fish for me but I was still extremely happy that day, and it was funny seeing him getting all frustrated about the fish. You know the picture of him I always keep in my purse? It was taken that day too. I had brought my film camera that day, my most prized possession back then, and I wanted to take photos of us on our date for keepsake. Your grandpa was so excited and kept posing every few minutes and begging me to take photos of him. The funny thing is this picture was taken when he wasn't looking and it turned out really well. Gosh, he used to look so handsome, didn't he?" Y/N asked, caressing the photo she had taken out of her purse with her thumb gently as if it was her most prized possession.

Y/N's face fell a moment later and she felt a stinging sensation at the back of her eyes. A lone tear slid down her cheek on fell on the back of her palm.

"Grandma, are you okay?" Her granddaughter asked worriedly, reaching for a tissue for her grandmother.

"I miss him so much, your grandpa. He was the world to me. How could he just leave me without saying goodbye?" Y/N's voice cracked with overwhelming emotions, her fragile frame shaking with every sob. Her husband passed away almost a decade ago, but speaking about him and remembering all the times they had together never failed to break her heart over and over again. He was the love of her life as she was his and they were happily in love until a car accident took his life away. Y/N was home when the accident happened and was only informed of it after her husband was sent to the ER. They told her that he was in critical condition and that he might not be able to make it. She had rushed to the hospital right away, but when she was almost there, she received a call that changed her life forever. Her husband had left her, and the world just like that and she never got to say a final goodbye.

"Choi Yeonjun, I miss you every day when you're not around. I miss your comforting words, your jokes- even the silly dad jokes, your healing laugh, and your touch that never fails to calm me down. I miss all the times we had together, the good and the bad. I loved you so much, and I still do..." Y/N whispered, tears rolling down her cheeks.

inspired by yeonjun's farewell concept photo^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: SUGAR RUSH-USH SUGAR RUSH-USH SUGAR RUSH-USH SUGAR RUSH-USH, AH bro pls txt's new comeback is AMAZING. i love the mv so damn much even though it k!lled me so many times- all the songs were so good<3 i'm so proud of tubatu for beating so many records and topping the charts, lets continue to listen to the album!!