love to hate you part 1

It was time for group work when art class started and Y/N and her enemy, Choi Beomgyu, groaned in sync. The two were unfortunately paired together and had to create an artwork without somehow strangling each other halfway through. To make it worse, they were neighbours for as long as they could remember and had to go home on the same route everyday, increasing the chances of them arguing about something ridiculous. They didn't even remember when they started being enemies but would always pick on each other since young, teasing the hell out of the other. Whatever it was, it was probably something stupid like Y/N laughing at Beomgyu when he dropped his ice cream or Beomgyu teasing Y/N when she had a crush on a boy a long time ago.

Beomgyu scooted over beside Y/N for them to discuss the artwork they were going to do and Y/N couldn't help but stare at his perfectly sculpted face, her eyes trailing from his soulful eyes to his small dimples that appeared at the corners of his mouth when he smiled. She didn't even realise she was staring until he stopped speaking and turned to look at her.

"Damn, was I that boring? Y/N?" He tapped the side of her head with his knuckles and she snapped out of her daze, before scowling at him, rubbing her head where he had hit. "That hurt you know?" She said, elbowing him in the stomach.

"Were you staring at my handsome face?" He asked, smirking a little knowingly. Y/N widened her eyes before putting on a disgusted look. "Hell nah, who would stare at your ugly face," she retorted and he clutched his chest with one hand, pretending to be hurt, but he smiled to himself when he heard her voice shake.

Shit, why am I even staring at him? Choi Beomgyu is my enemy, but what am I feeling towards him? It's so weird, so indescribable...I just want it to stop... Y/N thought as she mentally slapped herself, willing her heart to stop whatever it was doing. Noticing that Beomgyu was still looking at her, she cleared her throat. "Let's get it over and done with, I don't want to waste time doing some project with you," she said, trying to make it seem like she hated him as she made an effort to keep her voice smooth, contrary to the myriad of emotions she felt in her heart.

"Whatever you say, idiot," he said, rolling his eyes, earning a glare from Y/N. If he was being honest, he liked her but Y/N and he just couldn't get out of the "enemies" label and he was afraid she hated him like an enemy for real. Their discussion continued, with their bickering making up most of it until they were saved by the lunch bell.

"Y/N, over here!" Eun-Jeong, her best friend, called out from a table nearby as Y/N hurried over with her lunch tray. "Did you hear that Beomgyu got into a fight with Jae-sung?" Eun-Jeong asked, and Y/N shook her head. "Beomgyu fighting? That doesn't seem like him," she commented before sipping on her ice coffee. "I know, I heard it's serious though, you might want to check on him, just saying," Eun-Jeong said and Y/N frowned, debating on whether or not to find Beomgyu.

She was just about to stand up when Eun-Jeong pointed behind Y/N. "It's Beomgyu!" She exclaimed, and Y/N turned around before she widened her eyes.

Speaking of the devil, Beomgyu stood behind Y/N, the corner of his mouth bleeding as he wiped it with his hand, staining it with blood. There were bruises all over his face, colouring his usually flawless skin with purples and greens. His hands were curled into tight fists till his knuckles turned white, looking extremely pissed as he walked past, ignoring all the stares and whispers from the students around him who had noticed.

"Beomgyu, wait up!" Y/N called, running to catch up with the boy. He turned around and stopped. "What?" He said in annoyance and wiped at his mouth again. "Did you get into a fight?" Y/N asked and he scowled. "Why do you care anyways," he spat, causing Y/N to get annoyed too. Why was he acting like a damn jerk when she was trying to care for him? "Because you're injured?" She stated, raising her voice a little.

When he didn't respond, she huffed, pulling him to the general office to get medication and bandage for his wounds. He didn't say anything on the way there and she didn't speak to him either, still fuming at his attitude.

"Sit," Y/N said, pointing to the bench in front of them as they sat down, the tension in the air so thick that you could slice it with a knife. They sat in silence as Y/N wiped the blood off Beomgyu's hand with a wet tissue, uncovering the cuts that littered his knuckles. "What the hell..." she muttered, carefully applying medication to his hand. "I'm sorry if it hurts," she mumbled, seeing Beomgyu wince in pain when the medication touched his cuts. It hurt a lot at first, but he gradually got used to the sting from the medication and stared at Y/N as she treated his wounds, her face scrunched up in concentration. He felt bad for giving her attitude when she wanted to help him but just thinking of what happened earlier made his blood boil. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------