wedding witness

"You can look in the mirror now," Heesoo heard the makeup artist say as her eyelids fluttered, adjusting to the light. Her gaze went straight to the mirror in front of her, tears of joy instantly springing to her eyes when she saw herself all done up in the mirror. "It's perfect," she whispered, still gazing in awe. It was always her dream to walk down the aisle dressed in a white princess-like dress and it was finally the day it would come true. The next half an hour or so was spent on her hairdo, an elegant french twist. As the hairstylist put on the final touches on her hair, sliding on a flower hairpiece with small encrusted diamonds, there was a knock on the door.

"Come in," Heesoo called, expecting it to be her older sister. However, through the reflection in the mirror, she saw someone she didn't expect to see standing there dressed in a stylish black suit, with the top half o his hair slicked back neatly into a small ponytail, a few tendrils escaping in front of his eyes. He had grown his hair out since the last time she had seen him and a few streaks of blonde could be seen amongst his raven hair.

"Yeonjun," Heesoo whispered as the guy gave a small smile in response. He hadn't planned to attend her wedding but somehow found himself dressing up and making his way to the venue stated on the invitation.

"Is it okay for us to talk in private?" Heesoo requested, and the various people in the dressing room filled out, leaving the two of them to be alone.

Yeonjun walked over with a jewellery box and handed it to Heesoo. "A gift from me." He said, beckoning for her to open it and she gasped when a stunning necklace adorned with diamonds lay in the plush velvet box. "It's beautiful, thank you," Heesoo breathed, tracing the silver chain delicately with her fingertips. "Do you want to put it on?" He asked, noticing how she wasn't wearing anything around her neck. Heesoo nodded and started to put it on on her own but Yeonjun held up a hand.

"I'll help."

Heesoo felt her breath hitch when she felt his breath fanning on her neck, his fingers fiddling with the silver clasp, brushing against the skin at the nape of her neck occasionally. This felt too close for comfort, and it was making her feel something she shouldn't feel towards him, especially since she was just an hour away from walking down the altar. It seemed that the effect of his touch on her didn't change with time. She only felt her breathing go back to normal when he stepped away, sitting on the blue velvet chair beside her.

"Congratulations on your wedding. So this is it, the day you've always been waiting for," Yeonjun commented, smiling. He didn't know what had come over him when he offered to put on the necklace for her. He hated how he allowed them to be in such close proximity despite knowing his lack of self-control around her and was trying to resist the strong urge to bolt out of the room before he said or did anything else he would regret. After all, she was going to be married to another guy in about an hour or so, not him, not ever. Attending Heesoo's wedding was a mistake to begin with yet he let himself make that mistake. He couldn't let his feelings get the better of him.

"I can't believe it's coming true in just about an hour's time," Heesoo answered, sounding as if she were in a dream, unaware of the inner turmoil within Yeonjun as she glanced over towards the man. The man she had once believed would be waiting for her at the altar, the man she had been certain she wanted to spend her future with, the man she had once loved with all her heart. Yeonjun seemed to read her thoughts, his smile faltered, and if one didn't look closely, they wouldn't have noticed at all. But Heesoo saw how the glimmer in his eyes disappeared and looked down at her intertwined fingers before smoothing out her dress.

"How have you been?"

"I've been good, going around the world, touring with my members and all that, been busy..." Yeonjun replied absent-mindedly, hiding what he really wanted to say.