Chapter 6: This is new

Hah, sike! There's more fluff! Sorry, but you probably already knew this was coming.

Seriously though, I'm so happy to see how much positive feedback there has been to this story so far. But most of all, I'm happy to see that people have enjoyed their time with it. I know that it might seem like there hasn't been so much happening, but I swear, it's going somewhere...eventually...Don't worry, I'm only partially joking! It has ended up a lot longer than I expected, I won't lie about that. I still haven't figured out whether that's a good or a bad thing. But that's up to you in the end. Just remind me whenever I reach the point of using 500 words to describe a table. At that point, no excuse would be enough to redeem me.

"Zim."

Dib was standing at the side of a cafeteria table, looking down on Zim, who was busy poking a soup that was way too thick, with a spoon. Once he heard the all too familiar voice of his arch-enemy, he slowly turned around to face Dib, while still sitting at the table.

"Well well well, if it isn't The Dib!" He exclaimed asked with mockery clear in his voice while gesturing at Dib with his arm.

The entire cafeteria, once bustling with voices from every table, suddenly turned silent in a single moment. Their attention was immediately turned to the single long table in the middle of the cafeteria, the place that Zim would always be sitting at. Dib had his own table in a corner, but he would sometimes come over to Zim if only to continue a previous fight or start a new one. But the students could tell something was different. They usually started with an insult, which would lead to an argument, and then a fight that would last until a teacher sounded the 'Zim-and-Dib' alarm. So something new was definitely going to happen.

"Yes, it's me," Dib answered back, standing dramatically with his arms crossed. The two were staring intensely at each other, completely oblivious to the other students holding their breath in anticipation.

"If I remember correctly, you owe me something, Space-boy." He continued, his tone monotone, and almost threatening.

"Do I now, Dib-stink?" Zim continued in the same mocking turn, as he leaned forward, to the surprise of the rest of the students, who recoiled in fear.

They all had the same thought. That this might be it. This might be the day the two of them finally kill each other, and they can have peace once and for all. They all knew that it was normal that friends would fight sometimes, but this whole situation between them had lasted for so long, that the school had accepted that these two took their whole rivalry seriously. Serious to a fault. And now they might just spill blood in the middle of lunch. The students didn't know whether to run away and hide from the oncoming destruction or start betting money on who wins.

"Yes you do, if you haven't already forgotten." Dib continued, taking a step closer to Zim. Shocked gasps were let by all the onlookers, who had formed a circle around the duo, that were still being completely unaware of the spectators to their discussion.

"You would think that with such a big head, you would be better able to remember information. But I guess it's to compensate for the squishy little brain you have." Zim retorted with a big grin on his face, finding his insult very much enjoyable. Dib, however, looked at him confused, waving slightly from trying to find better footing, as he prepared a response.

"What are you talking about, alien scum?"

He tried to hide it with a calm tone, but it was clear he had been taken off-guard by Zim's statement.

"Well, it seems I have to remind you of our deal, human."

He then pointed a claw at Dib, who didn't react in the slightest.