Chapter 19: Warehouse invasion

It seems Dib and Zim have found their first target, on their mission to restore Zim's tracker. Wonder how long it will take for them to start fighting.

"Can you-argh!-can you watch your stupid little feet?!" Dib aggressively whispered at Zim, right before getting another boot in his face,

"Why don't you watch your stupid giant head!" Zim hissed at him, making an effort to keep his voice down if only not to ruin their mission.

While Zim had initially been vary of the human's suggestion to raid a human warehouse, after hearing how it was supposedly filled with advanced technology, he had to agree that it wouldn't hurt to check it out. Though they might get hurt anyway, considering it was heavily guarded. The place was surrounded by a large fence, with guards patrolling the parameters. Getting past said fence hadn't exactly been easy, with the two of them having climbed over after they memorized the guards' patrol route. Luckily for them, while the place was filled with security, it didn't look like any of the guards were that interested in keeping watch, not expecting anyone to break into what seemed like a typical warehouse. That made everything much easier for them, though it still didn't mean they could walk through the main entrance all willy-nilly. Which was the reason why they were sneaking in through a window in the side of the building, and why Zim was standing on top of Dib, to the dismay of both of them.

"Couldn't you just use my hands to stand on? You know, the hands I'm currently holding out?!" Dib angrily uttered to an otherwise uncaring alien, flailing an arm out of pure spite just to illustrate his point.

"Your head provides the most stable foundation to stand on." Zim nonchalantly explained, before making an attempt to jump up and reach the window, only to fall short by an inch or two.

"That was an insult, wasn't it? It is, it always is! WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM WITH MY HEAD!"

"Shh! Be quiet, Dib-stink, or else you're going to bring all the other stinking humans to us." The alien scolded him, with Dib only rolling his eyes in response.

Zim looked back up at the window before placing his hands on his hips, leaving Dib to desperately try and keep balance to stop Zim from falling down, with the alien not even noticing his struggle.

"Blast these short legs of yours! You aren't even tall enough to reach the window!" The alien exclaimed, very directly ignoring the fact that it might have been him that was too short.

From below Dib gave Zim an annoyed stare, as if daring him to continue. Zim was at the moment still staring up at the window and didn't seem keen to look down on the human he was using as a ladder.

"Maybe if we find a crate or something, we might be able to circumvent your embarrassing shortness." Zim continued, and at that point, Dib was about done with the whole situation. So he took hold of Zim's legs, who let out a quick yelp before being lifted in the air. Dib noted that the alien was surprisingly lighter than he had expected, but that still didn't mean he could hold him up forever.

"Can you reach the window now?" Dib asked, with a bit of coyness in his voice. The alien grumbled something he couldn't hear, before giving up on saying anything, and reached for the window instead.

"Yes, Zim is now reaching the window!" He joyfully stated, as if he had accomplished some incredible feat.

"Good, and is the window open?"

"Umm...Yes, now it is!"

"Great!"

Without any formal warning, Dib made a little jump and pushed Zim as hard as he could, catching a glimpse of the green body making its way through the window and hearing the bump from the other side of the wall. All while accompanied by the rather distressed and surprised screaming from Zim, though the sound quickly dissipated after a grunt once he hit the floor. Dib looked up at the window with an unsure expression, as the silence that followed his little stunt became deafening. In the quietness, he wondered if he may have been a little too rough on the alien. Though he dismissed his worry, convincing himself that Zim had gone through way worse things, and was probably fine. Not that it stopped him from finding the silence eerie, and anxiety-inducing.