Chapter 11: Just two boys at prom: Part 2

Hey, guess what...another chapter is here. And therefore, a new part to my little prom arc! And I believe it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to claim that you're excited to see what's going to happen next.

Well, the wait is over once more. And so, let's begin.

"Ahhhhh. Gir? Do you know why it's a wonderful day today?"

"I DO......not."

It was a sunny day, though little of the sun's rays made it inside Zim's secret base. The red-stained windows helped with that, limiting the house to relying on artificial lighting. Which made it ever so hard to enjoy the beauty of a good sunrise. So it was apparent that Zim hadn't meant wonderful as in the day itself, but instead, something that vaguely related to it.

Speaking of Zim, he was standing in the middle of the living room, holding onto a pink coffee mug. He would have used the bigfoot cup, but Gir had regrettably smashed it into pieces. But since Zim couldn't have any negative reaction toward seeing his enemy's useless junk being destroyed, he had no way of scolding Gir.

He took another loud sip from the mug, which he hadn't filled with anything. Zim had seen the gesture a few times on the human's TV and found it somewhat amusing. Ever since then, he has spontaneously mimicked the gesture, at first as mockery, but with time he had found it as a perfect way to convey his feeling of having done a good job. Which he always did, naturally.

"Well Gir you see, last night I was able to enact the most WONDERFULL REVENGE! And today, I get to bask in my GLORIOUS victory! HAH HAHA HAH-" Zim continued laughing for a bit, before ending with a small coughing fit. Once he was done, he looked down at the mug with a surprised expression.

"Huh, maybe I really should start filing this container with liquid."

Gir who had been silent under Zim's laughter and coughing, finally spoke up once again, with his screeching robotic voice.

"OH OH! DID YOU MEET WITH MARY LAST NIGHT?!"

"Eh? Oh, yes, I lured the oblivious Dib-beast, RIGHT into my trap. HAH!!! That stupid moron never saw it coming." Zim proudly explained with a smug smirk.

"THAT'S SO NICE...did you hug?" Gir innocently asked, sending a small shock through Zim's body, who with a panicked expression turned to face him, hoping to quickly quell his minion's delusional beliefs.

"IT WASN'T NICE!!! IT WAS A TRAP, AND I SET HIM ON FIRE! He was still roasting when he fled, hehe...Also, WE DIDN'T HUG!!!"

"Not even a little bit?" The robot asked, his sad face complementing his disappointed words.

"NO! No hugging!" Zim continued, pointing at Gir while staring at him with a serious look.

"Aww..." Gir responded, before looking down with sorrow on his face.

Zim eyed him for a moment, before returning to sip his empty mug. He then just stood and stared into nothing, for some reason feeling a knot in his stomach. A slightly irritated look spread across his face, as his eyes narrowed, and thoughts drilled their way into his brain.

Blast! Now even Gir has caught on to my affair with my supposed 'enemy'...Blah, it disgusts me to see how low I, Zim, have fallen. Before, the stupid Dib-stink would have shaken in complete and utter fear, whenever I would approach him. And now? Now he is merely annoyed by my glorious presence.

He closed his eyes, and let out a long and dramatic sigh as if hoping someone would notice and comment on it. But Gir paid no mind, as he had already forgotten his disappointment and was busy watching some kind of cartoon on the television. Zim glanced at him, still waiting on someone to comment on his misery. When it become clear he wasn't going to get anything out of Gir, he let out a much shorter sigh and continued with his pondering.