Chapter 13: What should I do?

Well, it seems we're back on track with the usual chapter format. It should allow me to get new chapters out more often. Which I think you would appreciate.

Now, let's see where this is going.

"You know...there's something really SAD about the fact that you are the only one I can talk to." Gaz unapologetically said, her face covered with an unenthusiastic expression.

"Trust me, human, I'm not exactly thrilled about this either," Zim responded, with the same tone and expression as the person in front of him

He and Gaz were sitting at a round table for two, at a cafe. The place was fairly quiet and relaxed, as most of its potential customers were going to the more popular and well-known establishments. Though it had added to the price of the items on the menu, it hadn't affected the quality at all. A quality that Gaz had found to be well worth the walk to the inner city. But it also wasn't located too close to the busy parts of the city, which Gaz also appreciated. Cobbled together, it had made the perfect combination for a place, she was willing to make her go to a place for something to drink, and to get away from the house.

That particular day, the sun was high in the sky, and most people were either doing outdoor activities or were just happily hiding away in their homes, enjoying a fairly relaxed day. For Gaz though, it made for the perfect excuse to go and get an iced coffee. She was also pleased to find that there weren't as many at the cafe as there usually were. Something she was relieved by, considering her loud-mouthed acquaintance.

"Ugh! The sun is BOILING ZIM! How can it be that those OTHER stinky humans get a parasol but not ME?!" The alien angrily complained, while wiping away drops of sweat, which were forming under his wig, and slithering down his head.

"Hey, you choose the seat." Gaz dismissively commented taking another sip from her cold drink.

"How was I to know it would be this SEARINGLY hot today, huh?!"

"Don't you have like some kind of alien machine to keep check of the temperature? Or you could, you know...check the weather on the news?"

"NEVER!!! Those so-called 'weather reports' do nothing but LIE! ZIM WILL NEVER TRUST THEIR FILTHY LIES!!!"

He shook his fist aggressively in the air, before taking a sip from the cold soda he had ordered.

Gaz let out a disappointed sigh, wondering why she was still allowing that loudmouthed idiot to sit with her. She could technically track it back to the times that Zim had been at the door, asking for Dib. And when Dib hadn't been there, she would be forced to hear Zim complaining about him for nearly ten minutes straight, before she could get the chance to ask him to go away. From there, she had started listening for fifteen minutes, then twenty minutes. Listening then became suggestions and questions, and in the end, it spiraled into conversations. She at first wanted nothing to do with him, but she found herself more and more entertained by Zim's constant bickering. She also discovered that he was a surprisingly good listener. When he wanted to be. For the rest of the time, he would be talking about something, leaving Gaz to only guess at how long it would be before she could get the chance to talk. It was strangely enough not something that bothered her that much.

But after they started talking, Gaz would start to be more welcome with the idea of greeting Zim whenever she would see him. Then one day when she was on her way to the cafe, she happened to meet Zim, he wanted to know where she was going, and one thing led to another, and now whenever they wanted to talk, or mostly just complain about something, they would meet at the cafe. And thanks to Zim, the mostly unnoticed Gaz would now be recognized at the cafe as the person who would keep bringing their loud friend with them. Something that had earned her quite a few irritated stares. Though she was more annoyed than bothered by them. But for some reason, she was willing to endure it, just so she could keep talking with Zim. She would never admit it, but she had grown somewhat fond of the green alien.