Chapter 9: What's a birthday without Zim: Part 2

Yeah, there isn't that much to say. Just start reading. Hope you like it!

"Isn't it obvious? I'm trying to move you. Now, if you would just stop resisting..." Zim tried grabbing Dib's ankle again, but this time the human at least knew what was happening, and with slight trouble, started dodging the alien's hand. With each miss, Zim grew more and more frustrated.

"I told you to stop resisting!"

"And I asked what you're doing! But forget that, can you at least give me my glasses before kidnapping me?" His voice sounded mocking, but his request was genuine. He never liked dealing with Zim without them. If he was going to deal with a violent, insane alien then it wouldn't be too much to ask to be able to see him.

Zim rolled his eyes and wondered if he might as well replace the human's faulty eyes now he was in the process of helping him anyway. But he decided if this was how The Dib reacted to his help, trying to remove his eyes would be much more trouble than it would be worth.

"Ugh...fine." He said, a certain hint of defeat in his voice. He then looked around, before his eye landed on the table next to the bed, where Dib's glasses were laying. He started walking, while still holding on to Dib, who stared up at the ceiling, already feeling completely done with the whole situation. Once Zim had the glasses, he walked back to where he stood before, still dragging Dib along. He then casually threw them to the human on the ground, with a rather miffed expression.

Dib managed to grab them in the air and fumbled a bit before managing to put them one. He then looked directly at the alien in disguise, who had broken into his room and was still for some reason holding onto his damn leg. It might have been funny any other day, but today he expected to be nothing but miserable, and Zim was kinda interrupting that plan.

"For the last time, before you start dragging me again, will tell me what you're doing?!"

He once again rolled his eyes, and Dib wondered how they hadn't rolled out of his skull yet. Zim then closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose. Or, where it would have been if he had one.

"*Sigh*...I'm trying to take you somewhere." Dib waited for a moment, for Zim to follow up on his statement, but he just stared at him with an exhausted look.

"...And where are you going to take me?"

"THAT'S WHAT I CAN'T SAY!!!" Zim blurted out, his voice a mix of blame and frustration. But the frustration seemed to not be solely pointed at Dib, but instead at whatever kept him from telling the human what he was doing. Now Dib's anger was starting to shimmer down, and confusion took over.

"Wh-why not?!" He asked dumbfounded, wondering if this was all just a dream.

"IT'S A SURPRISE!!!" The alien continued, in the same tone as before. And now Dib was definitely considering that this was a dream.

"ISN'T THAT THE POINT OF A SURPRISE?! THAT YOU CAN'T SAY WHAT IT IS!" Zim continued, his voice now revealing how distressed he was feeling. It was as if something was eating him up from the inside. It was to the point that it looked like he could fall on his knees and cry at any moment. Dib decided that it maybe was time to change to another subject.

"Uhm, yes? But what are you even doing here? Shouldn't you-"

"WHAT AM I DOING HERE?!!" Zim interrupted the human, who found some solace in hearing the alien's usual aggressive tone.

"What are YOU doing here?! Shouldn't you be at the skool?!" He continued, now using his free arm to point accusingly at Dib, who suddenly realized how he had set himself up.

"...I'm sick...*Several fake coughs*"

Zim stared at him, wondering if he should feel sad for the human's pitiful attempt at deceit, or insulted at the fact he thought it might have worked. Dib stared back, hoping that Zim might just be stupid enough to have believed it.