Chapter 4: Yagi Inko!

Toshinori POV:

It's nice to be able to work out again, even if it is just a little bit. I talked to Recovery Girl this morning and told her about Midoriya and how I had to clean the beach off for her so we could have a romantic lunch. She loves a good romance and gave me the green light to lift stuff that weighs up to 90 pounds. Anything heavier Mirai said he would move. Gran Torino showed up but decided he would spend the morning mocking me instead of helping. But that's not important right now. I'm going to clear this beach and show Midoriya how much she means to me!

"Here, let me help you with that." Mirai runs over to me and lifts the other side of the refrigerator.

"Thanks. I don't know who got rid of a perfectly fine fridge, seems like a waste" I scoff as we carry the refrigerator to the dumpster.

"You boys look pretty pathetic. Let Toshinori carry that, he could use the exercise!" Gran laughs.

"Not anything over 90 pounds, this fridge is easily larger than that." Mirai hisses.

It took most of the morning but we were able to clear off the beach. Gran Torino finally decided to help us and then things went a lot faster. Once Takoba Municipal beach was cleared, I understood why Midoriya liked it so much. The sand was soft under my feet and the view was fantastic. I can't think of a single bad thing about this place.

"Now that that's done, you better get ready for your lunch date. It's already 11:53." Gran says as he stretches.

"11:53! You're right, I gotta go. Thank you both for the help." I nod and then run back to my car.

"Good luck." Mirai shouts and waves to me from the sidewalk.

It was a short drive back but I still hurried to shower, shave, and get dressed. This time I didn't have Mirai's foresight to help me pick out an outfit. This time I'm on my own. I wear something casual, she's on her lunch break from work and I don't want to make her feel bad for not being overly fancy. So a simple pair of pants and a tee-shirt will do. After that I rush to the kitchen and prepare lunch.

I made two bento boxes and packed some dessert for us. I'm not supposed to have too many sweets but I pack plenty incase Midoriya wants more. I pack up the lunches into a basket and gently lay a blanket on top of them. Not only will it make sure the food stays warm but it will keep our pants clean when we sit on the beach. With lunch ready I drive back to the beach to wait for Midoriya to text me. She should be on her lunch break soon, I want to be ready.

And as if on cue Midoriya sends me a text and I park the car to check my messages.

Inko:
Hey, I just got off work!

Toshinori:
I can pick you up if you want. I'm about three minutes from the hospital.

Inko:
You don't have to if it's too much trouble

Toshinori:
It's no trouble at all.

Inko:
Okay then I'll be waiting at the front of the building!

Toshinori:
Great!

It's happening, it's really happening! I'm driving over right now to get her. Yippee!

It was a short drive to the hospital and once I picked her up I started driving towards the beach. I couldn't tell her where we were going, not yet anyways. But as soon as we pulled up towards the beach her jaw dropped.

"Yagi, look! Takoba Municipal beach, it's clean. All the trash is gone." Midoriya smiles as she gets out of the car and looks at the shore in awe.

"I know. I thought this would be a nice place to have lunch." I grin and show the picnic basket to her.