Chapter 7: To Tame the Crying One!

Toshinori POV:

I woke up late this morning and it felt good at first, until I remembered that I was a grown man with responsibilities. Responsibilities that I neglected while sleeping in. I sprung up out of bed and quietly ran down the hall to Izuku's nursery to see if he was awake yet, but when I got there he wasn't in his crib.

"THE BABY! IZUKU H-HE'S GONE!" I shout around the house.

"He's in the living room, you idiot!" A familiar old voice yells from down stairs. It's Gran Torino, I forgot that he came over.

"Oh, Izuku! Daddy was so worried." I cry as I start to scoop him up, only to be smacked in the face by Gran.

"I'm not going to let you smother him. What sort of grandpa would that make me." Gran coo's as he squishes Izuku's cheeks.

"Smother him! I'm his father, we should hug!" I watch as my traitor of a son laughs with Gran.

"What you should be doing is eating breakfast." Mirai chimes in from the kitchen.

"Mirai?!" I watch my traitor of a best friend walk over and hand me a cup of coffee.

"Gran and I were talking last night, the stress of raising Izuku alone is worse than you doing pro hero work. To help you fully recover, you have to chill out a little bit! This doesn't mean you can't help with Izuku, but it does mean that you can rely on us sometimes too." Mirai hands Izuku his foam blocks while looking at me.

"But... it's... I..." I struggle to come up with something to counter Mirai's argument.

"Go eat, Toshinori." Mirai smiles, to which I nod and shuffle into the kitchen.

Perhaps Mirai and Gran are right. Giving Izuku my 100% has been messing with my diet, sleep schedule, and work. But he's my son, it's my responsibility to not only raise him but to make sure he grows into the fine young man I know he can be! So I've decided to only rest when absolutely necessary or when someone calls me out on it. That way I'm still giving Izuku what he needs. The rest of the morning is mellow as always. Izuku was cradled, fed, changed, and played with. He even went down for his nap very easily. Gran Torino and Mirai changed and fed him but said that playing with him would be fine for me. I wish they would stop acting like they decide what Izuku does, it annoys me.

A few hours later, Gran Torino came running into the living room with a face of terror.

"I don't mean to alarm anyone but Izuku has shit smeared in his hair. We have to give him a bath." I watch Gran Torino cringe as the words leave his mouth.

"P-poop?! In his hair! Gran what happened!?" I jolt up from the sofa and turn to him.

"I was changing him and he had a poopy diaper. The trash can was full so I sat it on the side so it didn't smear into the carpet. Izuku grabbed it and went downhill from there... it's not either of our faults, Izuku and I just had a little trouble with a change. This stuff happens all the time, he just needs a bath, so where is your baby tub?" Gran sighs.

"Unbelievable." Mirai clicks his tongue in disapproval.

"My baby tub? Well... he hasn't had a bath yet. So it's still in the nursery closet. Are you sure he needs one? It can't just be wiped out?" I walk upstairs towards the nursery, followed by Mirai and Gran.

"You look at him and tell me if it can be wiped out!" Gran huffs as we enter the room. I look at Izuku, Torino is terribly right. I would describe the condition that Izuku's hair is in but I won't subject you to that. That'd be cruel.

"Good lord." Mirai holds back a gag at the sight of Izuku. As for Izuku himself, he doesn't seem to notice or care, he just wants to play with his raddle.