Chapter 18: All Jokes Aside!

Mirai POV:

For the past few weeks children all across poorer parts of Japan have been going missing. This is all we know about the situation, and I'm supposed to catch the villain by the end of the week or I won't be allowed to work on this case anymore. The hero commission is crazy, do they not understand how my quirk works? I can't just look into the future and know the answer to everything. It's infuriating how little they respect heroes. Not to mention I've just taken on a new sidekick, and Bubble Girl doesn't seem to understand the importance of smiling on the job. She tries her best but her sense of humor is very disappointing. No matter, I'll take care of her and this villain soon enough.

Right now, I'm keeping my eye on this street. It's in downtown Musutafu and just outside of a school. No heroes do patrols on this street, so it's the perfect place to catch a creep.

"There." I whisper to myself and use binoculars to look at a shady figure wearing a large dark winter coat. It's spring, I don't really think it's weather for a giant coat. This might be our guy.

"Alright, now do something suspicious so I can find those kids..." I mutter. A van pulls up besides him and I think I've seen enough. I was going to get off the roof and go talk to him but then a child walked up to him. And not just any kid, it's Izuku.

"Where's Tenko?" I panic as I try to hurry to Izuku's side. That's when I remembered Toshinori telling me that Tenko broke his arm during a training session. So Izuku is all alone.

Shit.

"IZUKU!" I shout but I'm far too late by the time I cross the street. Izuku's thrown in the van and the criminals are driving off.

"NO!" I throw 2 of my heavy weight stamps at the wheels, but the drive swerves and I can't keep up.

Izuku's gone.

—————

Izuku POV:

This has to be some of the weirdest candy I have had in my entire life.

1 second I'm being chased by Kacchan, the next this really creepy guy was shoving candy in my face begging me to take it. I said no, like a lot, but he kept trying to get me to eat it. And when I tried to walk away he shoved it in my mouth! And even after that I see Uncle Mirai chasing after us and I'm in some stranger's van. Why can't I have a normal day? I just wanted to go home and play with Emiko. This isn't fair. I hate being kidnapped.

"Do you think it was a trap? You saw Sir Nighteye, right? This kid kinda looks like him, with the green hair and all that." The creepy man with the coat says.

"Do you think it's Sir Nighteye's son?" The driver asks.

"No, I don't think so. And even if he is, we'll just keep an extra close eye on him. Ha!" The man laughs at his own pun.

"That wasn't funny. And when's the last time you brushed your teeth!" I hiss.

"What the- how are you awake?! That stuff should've knocked you out!" The man looks at me with shock.

"The candy tasted like butt so I spat it out. Where are we going? Because I need to go home, I have homework to do." I sigh.

"Homework? Trust me, you don't have to worry about homework with where we're heading." The man with his coat wraps a hand around my throat and opens up a packet of more candy.

"NO!" I scream and bite his hand.

"Good lord! Those are some teeth. Worthless brat!" He kicks me against the side of the van and everything goes dark.

My head hurts. Where is daddy? Where is Tenko? Where am I? Why is it so dark?

"Hello?" I whisper.

"Hi!" Someone laughs before I'm pushed backwards, hard.