Chapter 19: Tenko's Test!

Tenko POV:

Today is the big day! I've waited my whole life for this moment and I'm about to follow every dream I've ever had. I'm not just doing it for me, I'm doing it for Izuku, and father, and everyone! I will succeed in-

"Did you use all the milk?" Izuku looks at me with disgust.

"You aren't the 1 that's taking the UA entrance exams today, you can manage to eat dry cereal." I huff.

"You are cold hearted." He pouts.

"Just use water or something." I shrug.

"Water? In cereal? If you're this dumb how do you plan on passing the written exams!" Izuku shouts.

"I don't have time for this. I'll see you once I've passed all my entrance exams! Byeee!" I walk out of the kitchen and wave to Izuku as I leave.

"Bye Tenko, I'm telling dad about the milk thing when he gets back from work!" Izuku laughs.

"He will take my side!" I yell as I start to run down the sidewalk.

I will succeed in becoming a hero! And it all starts at the gates to UA. The run isn't far and it proved to be a good warm up for whatever we'll be doing for our exam. From what the pamphlet said, I should be fighting some robots. Nothing too serious, we are just kids after all. I hear they do the robot fight differently every year. Last year they did a robot fight way underground, so if you messed up there was a high chance of you being crushed by some rocks. Nobody ever dies during these tests though, I wonder how they do that? Maybe it's Recovery Girl's healing, she is pretty strong.

But now I'm here, in the UA exam hall. The seats are pretty comfortable for foldable chairs. A little white creature walks on stage, I recognize him as Nedzu. He's the principal of UA, they say his intelligence is rivaled by none and that he can tell what type of person you are just by looking. He's kind of scary.

"Ah, how wonderful it is to see so many bright future heroes today. I can tell many of you have promise." Nedzu speaks into a microphone.

"Now, allow me to fill you in on the details of today's exam. Each participant will be put into a separate area of a larger maze, everyone will need to clear certain randomized objectives to leave their section. Once you've cleared your room you will be sent to the next and given a new task. Each room you clear will be 5 points, each enemy you take down is another point, and for every puzzle you solve is 3 points. You have 10 minutes to score as many points as possible." Nedzu pauses.

"Now, if you look at the papers we assigned you, you should find a number. Please head to your designated areas. Good luck on your exams! Even if you fail miserably, I'm sure another school would settle for you." Nedzu snickers as we clear out of the seats. That guy is seriously creepy.

Everyone files out of the building as we head to our 'designated areas'. My room looks pretty empty, some staff come over and give us wristbands that will update our tasks. This shouldn't be too hard. I'm more worried about the puzzles. If we have to do puzzles I'm totally screwed, I'm not a puzzle guy. I probably will never be a puzzle guy. I'm sure I can still give it my best shot though. And if worse comes to worse I'll be put in general studies, and Aizawa was able to prove himself a worthy hero while in general studies.

"Prepare yourself children!" Nedzu's voice rings over the speakers.

"And let our exams begin!" He laughs.

I look at my watch as it lights up with my first job. I need to take down 15 enemies. 15 seems a little bit much for the first round but they're robots, so I don't have to hold back. I dodge 3 attacks then I line them up in order to take 7 out in a single attack. I take out the other robots pretty easily too. Once all the enemies had been taken care of, 1 of the walls turned out to be a metal door and it opened up, bringing me to my next room and a new task.