Chapter 12: Happy 1st Birthday Izuku!

Izuku POV:

A bright beam of sunlight shines into my nursery as I bounce in my crib. My teddy lies next to me as I wait for daddy to come get me. Sometimes Tenko comes to wake me up but I don't hear him this morning, so I call for dad.

"My boy, you sure are up early. It's only 7:00. Do you know what today is?" Daddy giggles as he walks into my room. I reach up for him to grab me.

"You know it's your birthday don't you?" He smiles in my face and carries me down the stairs. A birthday? What's that, I've never had one before.

"Set here I'll grab you some food." He nods and sets me in the high chair. I spot Grandpa Torino hanging things up over the window. It looks like a brightly colored banner.

Dad gently feeds me mashed peas while I watch Torino make balloons. I only ever saw a balloon once, they're meant to be used for parties. Is this a party? After a while I hear Tenko rush down the stairs. He has a bright smile on his face as he stomps into the kitchen.

"Happy birthday Izuku!" He laughs. Why do people keep saying birthday without telling me what it means?

"Good morning young Tenko! I'm going to make pancakes for breakfast, you take Izuku and go play while we finish getting things ready." Daddy passes me to Tenko.

"Mhm!" Tenko hums and takes me into the living room. He lays me on my play mat and he runs around in circles.

Tenko is very devoted to our game of tag. Every time we play he makes sure not to go easy on me. I crawl around the sofa and watch him duck behind the coffee table. I laugh as I catch him crawling like me.

"Come one Izu, catch up!" He giggles as he crawls away. I finally reach his leg and tug on his pants, causing us both to burst out with laughter.

A few moments later Daddy finished making pancakes and Tenko stopped playing to eat his breakfast. It only took a little bit for me to realize that everyone was here and they were acting strange. Uncle Mirai kept talking about his practical gift and Grandpa Torino hummed about a cake. I remember Kacchan having a birthday now, we had fun and he did get to eat cake and open presents. Maybe he'll get to do that again. But Kacchan isn't here, so maybe it's someone else's turn? I'm not sure.

"Masaru and Mitsuki will be over shortly. Let's get everything else ready." Daddy nods.

"Right, all that's left is getting dressed and cleaning the kitchen. Tenko, can you take Izuku upstairs and get yourself changed?" Uncle Mirai turns to Tenko.

"Yeah!" Tenko nods.

"Alright, Izuku's onesie should be in his drawer. I'll be up shortly to put it on him." Daddy smiles.

"Okay dad." Tenko lifts me as he takes me up the stairs.

Tenko lays me on the floor of his room and I watch him change into a nice new outfit. He wears a light purple button up and a formal pair of pants. He pulls his long hair back into a low ponytail. After that he put some lotion on and his special pair of gloves. The gloves only have 1 finger, that way it helps him not accidentally activate his quirk. He only wears it for very special occasions and long periods of time. A birthday must be very special.

"Okay Izuku, let's try on your birthday outfit! Tenko, you look very handsome." Daddy smiles as he enters Tenko's bedroom.

"Thanks! I'm going downstairs now." Tenko bounces down the stairs.

"Look, it's for you." Daddy says as he slips me into a light green onesie. Its buttons are shiny and the fabric is very soft. It has small flowers embroidered to the edge of the sleeves.