Chapter 15: Late Bloomer!

Tenko POV:

I sit at my desk, writing on my school work. Who knew math would get so hard? It's such a pain, and it doesn't help that I've got a test in just 2 days. They really didn't have to add letters into math. My thoughts are cut off by the sound of little feet on my floor.

"Izuku, I'm doing homework. What do you need?" I ask.

"Tenko... my quirk isn't here yet." Izuku pouts.

"That's a shame." I shrug.

"What if I don't get 1? If I don't have a quirk, being a hero would be hard. How am I supposed to be like you daddy if I don't get my quirk?" He starts to whimper and I whip my chair around to look at him.

"Izuku, you'll get your quirk. I know it! Come here." I reach for him.

"Did I tell you about how I got my quirk?" I wipe his tears.

"Yeah, I remember. It's a sad story." Izuku clings to my shirt.

"It's a sad story because I lost control. Izuku, when you get your quirk, which I'm sure you will, you have to be careful. Promise me that you'll be careful." I plead.

"I promise." He nods.

—————

Toshinori POV:

"Bye Tenko." I wave.

"Bye-bye! I love you." Izuku giggles and swings my hand.

"Bye." Tenko waves as he walks back to the school.

"Dad, why aren't I going to school?" Izuku asks.

"Because of the villain fight." I ruffle his hair and hold his hand as we cross the street back on our way to the house.

"Oh... Dad, when is my quirk coming? Because you said to be patient, and I've been patient and it's still not here! How am I supposed to be a hero like you if my quirk takes too long to get here?" Izuku whines.

"That's a good question. Actually, just a little before lunch time, I have an appointment with Recovery Gril for you. She's going to check what type of quirk you'll get and when it should be here! So you'll know soon enough." I smile.

"Really? We gotta hurry up then! I wanna know, I wanna know!" Izuku bounces.

"Alright, alright. Once we're home you have to get ready, and then we'll leave. We can't be too early or Chiyo might get mad." I laugh as I watch Izuku's smile grow.

"Okay!" Izuku nods and he tugs on my arm to make me walk faster.

Just as promised, we went home and Izuku got changed. He got dressed and brushed his messy curls before running around downstairs in hopes of making me get ready faster. He's got way more energy than Tenko ever had, this kid never slows down. While Izuku muttered about quirks, I started to think about who I would pass mine down to. I feel like it should be 1 of the boys but, which 1? Tenko could take the quirk now, however when considering everything he's gone through, he doesn't seem the type for the spotlight. And I'm not sure how much longer I can wait to pass down One for All, so Izuku could be risky depending on how long it takes for him to build up strength...

"Hurry up daddy!" I hear Izuku shout from down stairs. I shook the thoughts out of my head, and once I was finally ready, Izuku dragged me to the car so we could get to U.A..

"Dad, how did the gate get around U.A.?" Izuku asks as I park the car.

"It was built." I answer.

"By who?" Izuku tilts his head up as he looks at the wall around U.A..