◈ forty-seven ◈

╔════◈◉◈════╗

Forty-Seven

╚════◈◉◈════╝

Love isn't something completely new to me.

Yet the thing is, loving isn't something I particularly—love.

Admittedly, the past 'love' in my life hasn't gone too well.

"Do you love me?" I asked the boy from halfway across the world, phone pressed to my ear as I walk around Ollie's empty house.

"Of course I do." Ranboo answers nonchalantly,

I pause, "But how do you know that."

"How do I know I love you?" Ranboo repeated back, laughing lightly as if it was a simple enough answer, "You're my family."

I didn't respond, only chewing on my bottom lip to think for a very long moment.

"What's the problem Iris?" He broke the silence, knowing something was 'off' because he was Ranboo and he always knew.

"You get no b*tches." I admitted plainly, "So now that I think about it, you can't really help me with this."

A distant laughter was heard on the other side of the call, in which I immediately recognized as Ollie and Tommy, "I get b*tches Iris! Can I help?!" The brunette of the couple wheezed, in which I could only imagine Ranboo rolling his eyes on the other side.

"Why do i even bother..." i trailed off, stuffily a laugh as the teens made fun.

●・○・●・○・●・○・●・○・●

a/n: Little Women Spoilers?? The book was published 153 years ago so you've had a bit of time to catch up with the March sisters 😕😕

"Now tell me why we have to watch this?" Alex fell onto the couch lazily, Juniper instantly jumping onto his lap in an attention-seeking way.

"You told me you've never watched it." I said simply, smiling as the movie started, "Now we have to."

"I don't think a woman this oblivious is even qualified enough to be an author." Alex critiqued, motioning his hands towards the screen in anger.

Several minutes into the movie, and he was already complaining.

"What are you talking about?" I gasped at the very false accusation.

"I don't know how flirting worked in the 1800s but my man Laurence is being pretty damn obvious?"

"Well Jo's preoccupied with her family and perfecting her book, why would you expect her attention to be on Laurie?" I retorted, hoping I wouldn't have to break up with him over his horrendous opinions on the movie.

"Please, we both know Laurie's been getting more screen time than Meg and Beth combined–besides if Jo's so great at priorities you'd think the woman would prioritize some work:life balance."

"This is a stupid movie, like why does it need to keep going back and forth in time? I can't keep track of this sh*t." he criticized, crossing his arms to prove his point.

●・○・●・○・●・○・●・○・●

"She just wanted to play piano and do her chores like Marmie said!" Alex choked through tears, "She was so nice! And made slippers for the old man!"