◈ fourty-eight ◈

╔════◈◉◈════╗

Forty-Eight

╚════◈◉◈════╝
icryoverfictionalmen co-written and edited by the one and only ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

August.

The sweltering sun under hot cities and rural prairies alike, awaiting a new year of school, and the month of Leo's.

Revolting, really.

"How many classes should I take this quarter?" I ask, a pen twirling between my index finger and thumb as I stare down at a sheet of paper, electives listed from top to bottom.

"Less than whatever you took last year." Alex replied, "You need a life."

"I had a life in high school, when I barely graduated," I retorted, furrowing my brow at the blank spaces, "I should keep my GPA decently high if I want a chance at being licensed by the end of this."

Alex sighed, leaning over my shoulder to look at the form, "Take something related to psychology, but still an Easy A."

"How am I supposed to know which classes are easy A's?" I ask rhetorically, in which (of course), Alex took literally.

"Simple, go to a party, flirt with some seniors, get their opinions." He shrugged.

"Are you speaking from experience here?" I stifle a laugh as I look back down at the sheet, eyes scanning the courses for the millionth time.

"No," He answers matter-of-factly, "I'm a lawyer, I don't flirt."

"What's your tactic then, lawyer?" I mock.

"Persuasion." He sighs happily, "It's an art."

I roll my eyes, setting my head against the cool kitchen island, opposing the humidity of the apartment.

"It's just a few weeks shy of Labor Day weekend, there's gotta be something going on around here," He drawled, "I'll be undercover, we can have a James Bond earpiece and everything!"

"Since when do we have the budget for this?"

"We don't." He cuts himself off flatly, "But, we do have hope, and joy, and free time!"

"So what?" I questioned, "You're just gonna crash some frat party to figure out which classes are easy A's?"

"We're gonna crash a party." He emphasized, "Who knows, you might really enjoy it."

"The party?" No thank you." I scoffed, knowing my past experiences with parties.

"No, crashing the party." He smiled, "Maybe we can steal some nice décor? You seem like the kleptomaniac type, or atleast the type to give that trait to their sims."

"Thanks for the compliment," I said rolling my eyes, in which he grinned back cheerfully, "But don't get too ahead of yourself here, we don't even have a party to crash."

"Well I doubt that'll be a problem," He shrugged, pulling out his phone, "Just give me a solid 30 minutes and I'll find something."

Tw: underage drinking, mention of cannabis consumption, the regular college frat party stuff !

Quick reminder that it is normal for teenagers (especially college-age new adults) to drink underage, take risks, and over all do things they're not supposed to. This is due to the heavy amount of insane hormones and a part of your brain that isn't fully covered in grey matter (basically what makes your brain fully developed), the part of your brain that takes the longest to cover in that grey matter is what helps make decisions! So naturally, young adults are scientifically proven to go through this rebellious part of their lives, especially in society's day in age, it's very 'teenage behavior' to smoke weed, consume alcohol, and break the law (to an extent). I'm not endorsing that in any way! But I would like to just acknowledge that before we assume certain things about certain people and their actions :-)