SIX. kindergarten kids are bad liars

AUGUST HAD kindly asked Josh to take her to the closets Best Buy and all she had picked up was camera she could record things on

He didn't ask any questions and could barely get his goodbye out when she rushed out of the car and into her apartment.

She ran upstairs into her room and locked the door behind her. She unboxed the camera and the SD card that came with it and hit record.

"Hi," She sighed, "I'm August Gomez and the first song I had ever written was with my friend Olivia Rodrigo called All I Want for our show High School Musical: The Musical: The Series and today is day one where I finally take advantage of what I have here and make something of my own."

She didn't know what she doing if she was being honest. She had woken up that day with a ton of energy and wanted to do something while she felt like she was in one of the best moods ever.

"Growing up my dad told me I couldn't be sad because I had it good in life and because he said that I never ever cried in front of him or anyone for years." She said, pulling a notebook and a pen from her bag, "I didn't cry in front of my best friend, Angelina Reed until I was 12, but I don't want to talk about the sad things right now. I wanna remember kindergarten."

August had only written one song in her life and that was All I Want with Olivia but she remembered this story she had written when she was in the 3rd grade or so about her, Angel, and their friend, space man.

"Angel has been the only person that I can always count on. She was my kindergarten pal... that's what she refers to us as but when I was writing this story I thought saying kindergarten pals wasn't enough so I changed it to Kindergarten Kids and it was really about Angel and I and a space man." She explained, "The space man was happy and could do what he wanted and Angel and I thought he was so confident. In reality, I was the space man in disguise."

August went on and on as she wrote down any and everything that had to do with her and her best friend when they were in kindergarten.

"I think, if the time ever comes, that I want people to hear my song, Kindergarten Kids." She smiled, "Olivia and I have this pact of some sorts and I want to be able to look back on this stuff and see what's changed. I don't know if anyone but myself will hear this song, but it will hold a special place in my heart."