SEVEN. matching heart socks

JOSHUA BASSETT loved August Gomez

JOSHUA BASSETT loved August Gomez. It wasn't hard to see.

They way her looked at her, the way he listened. All the little things that she did just put a smile on his face.

Josh loved August.

He didn't have to prove it. She'd already known. But he wanted to show her how much he cared for her.

That's why the two of them currently sat at their spot making paper rings.

He'd presented the idea as the two of them make small sentiments for each other.

Even though the two of them were lyrical geniuses they couldn't make simple arts and crafts to save their lives.

"Did you know that people think I'm an industry plant?"

Joshua furrowed his brows, but didn't look at her. He was too focused on trying to make the paper ring from the instructions he'd found online.

"Why?" He asked.

"I don't know." She answered, "The industry hates women."

Josh chuckled at her statement.

"Look!" She smiled, "I'm finished."

Josh looked up quickly and saw the small paper ring in her hands.

"How the hell did you do that?"

"Let me see-"

Josh jerked his hands away from August, clutching the mess of a ring in his hands.

"No! I have to try and do this myself. This is a gift."

August playfully rolled her eyes and grabbed Josh's hand. She smiled as she placed the paper ring in his finger and continued to hold his hand with hers once it was on.

"What's all this for?" She asked.

"Because I love you." Josh said.

August tilted her head to the side, "Because you love me?"