FIVE. paper rings

THE SPOT where August and Josh hung out hadn't changed since they first found it

Well... the addition of a shitty hammock that added.

Josh could tell that August had been stressed out about writing songs for the show, her label pushing her album, and just the new found public fame that she'd gained in what seemed to be overnight with her songs dropping and being as successful as it was.

He currently had one arm slung around August, playing with the ends of her hair and the other typing away at his phone.

She'd been asleep for the past couple of minutes and seemed to be in deep slumber.

"Me, you, my Honda and the Hollywood sign." He muttered to himself, "Can't help it, makin' out on Mulholland Drive."

He sighed, typing the lyrics in his notes app.

His phone vibrated in his hands, a phone call from Olivia.

"Hello?"

"Did you decide not to come?"

Josh furrowed his brows, "Come to?"

"Welcome week. Remember?" Olivia asked, "To welcome the new cast. The slumber party remember?"

Josh took in a deep breath. He'd completely forgotten about the slumber party. It had been the last thing on his mind and apparently August.

"Oh... yeah, totally." He said, "August and I went to go get everyone milkshakes."

"Oh! That's sweet! I'll let everyone know."

"That's not necessary-"

The line had been cut. Josh sighed and rested his phone against his side.

Not very ideal of them to go to this sleepover right now, but it would be very rude if two of the leads never showed.

Josh was about to wake August, he'd remembered that her camera had been rested in between them.

He grabbed it, looking at the photos that had taken that night when he stumbled across a video.

Debating whether or not to play it... he'd played it.