No Party Is a Party Without Wine ~ Ch2

I fished through the cupboards. The music was blaring loudly, colorful lights shining on the cabinets and floors, filling the room. I watched my hands go wild, frantically searching for my drink. "Dammit Ava, hurry up!" Screamed Bailey, my friend, over the loud voices that enveloped every other sound except for the stereos.

"Wine isn't easy to find in my house!" I half laughed, half screamed. "They try hiding every bottle from me!" My hand found the round glass, "Yet they don't hide it well enough." I looked at the red liquid that slushed inside. Today was literally the best day ever I mean c'mon, an awesome party that I throw once again, parents traveling for their jobs, Dawson Feller asking me out, granted it was in the bathroom but...still. Why couldn't everyday be like this?

I threw the wine bottle in the air as I hopped over the counter. When my feet touched the ground, the wine bottle found its way to my hands. I walked through the living room, I just hope no one breaks anything. At my last party, someone threw moms crystal ball at the screen T.V. Which then if course fell and broke on our lush Italian carpet.

Bailey found me through the crowd, "Party at your beach house Ava! Seriously the best freaking idea ever!" I rolled my eyes, "Like the one with Channing Tatum was a close up, please."

I licked my lips top and bottom, with the tip of my tongue. Which of course caught the attention of the football players. They whistled and howled. I looked away pretending to be disgusted. Bailey took my arm, "Tell me, why must you play them?" She takes me to the back room. I glance back at the boys, "Because all males are dogs" I giggle, watching Dustin chug the tart beer, spilling from his cup. I pushed through a bunch of kids making out and grabbed the stair rail.

We walked along the stairs and made sure no one was following us. The roof was the place where only me and my family were allowed, but Bailey was a friend. It was quiet on the roof, and everyone knows that wine tastes soo much better without noise. "Ugh, which latch was it again?" Bailey asked. I sighed and pulled the smallest one.

Almost immediately, the small door opened and stars came into view through the square. I felt the salty wind come inside, and Bailey quickly went through. As I pulled myself up through the door, it shut automatically, practically catching my toes. I yelped and fell on the wet tiles, my hands splashed in the water, sending drops to cover my face.

It rained? It never rains in this spot? That's why we built the beach house here, so rain wouldn't pour over the patio furniture. I stood up, my feet slapping against the water. The sky has been pretty grey lately so my mood was far from partying, but it was still a good day. As I walked to the edge of the wall, I noticed something different.

The green ocean that was usually so beautiful and calm in the silvery moon, was now thrashing and splurging all over the place. It looked haunting, as if the waves could crash over you any minute, it didn't help that the dark sky made the water look black and oily. The air was musky and wet, seeping into my clothes and hanging them down. Not to mention salty and pierced my skin when the wind came by. This was bad, this was really bad!

My hair could frizz up any minute! Curls and water didn't mix at all. And my clothes! They smell like salt water. "Don't worry about your parents they're fine" Bailey reassured. I opened my mouth and nodded, "Pfft yeah I know." I felt suddenly bad about not thinking about my parents, but now my worry grew. I sat down.

My mom and dad were called to go overseas so that they could discuss some science thing that was top secret. The information was extremely important and they're coming back in two days. When my mom who stood on this very beach told me to be careful, I only mildly listened, I knew nothing would happen to me anyway, but I did miss my mom.

And my dad hugged me goodbye and said that they'd contact me over computer to- "Wine, please" Bailey says, holding out her hand. I hand her the bottle. Anyway, they'd contact me over computer to talk and checkup on me. But they were of course going to send Heather, our maid from home to take care of me. I don't need a babysitter but they wanted to send one. They'd FaceTime me on the 29th.

I turned my head and found Bailey drinking away, "Hey!" I pry the bottle from her hands. "Share!" I shook my head and she wiped her red stained lips, no parties a party without wine. I pressed the glass to my lips and felt the liquid touch my tongue. The cool liquid washed through me like a waterfall. I tasted the millions of old fruit that was combined to make this flavor come alive. Wine was like my sanctuary, and everytime I needed wine, I usually got it.

My mind was clear now and I concentrated on everything but my parents. When I pulled the bottle down, I noticed it was already close to being empty. Shit. I wasn't allowed to drink a lot or I'd get stupid visions. I knew that I wasn't drunk because I could easily control my surroundings and find my state of mind, my words didn't slur, but every now and then I'd get these weird images. Usually a black wispy dog. Or a large man. Or even-

My vision blurs suddenly and I view a forest. Everywhere around me I see trees. Suddenly a loud noise erupts and I turn to face hundreds of birds, swooping at me. My vision blurs and suddenly I'm back. Bailey turns towards me and raises an eyebrow, "You okay?" She asks.

I sigh and nod, "Yup."

Bailey and me sit for the remainder of the time talking about anything interesting. "Oh," Bailey says, "Now we can save the date, when did Dawson Feller ask you out?"
"Uh, depends, what's today?"
"May 29th"
I accidentally drop the bottle of wine on the sandy ground 10 feet bellow us, "Dude?!" Bailey holds out her hands. I stand up quickly and run to the door, "Time for you to go Bailey!" She trails by me, "But why?"

I pull her away and push her down the door. "Because," I slip under, "You have to." I jump down the steps and look at everyone. "HEY!" I scream...nobody listens, "HEY!" I scream louder, still nothing. I grab the microphone near the stereo and scream into it "HEY!!!"

And I get nothing.

I sigh because I know exactly what I have to do to get their attention. And I grab the crystal ball and throw it at the T.V.
The music stops. The talking stops. Everything stops. "GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!" I scream, "PARTIES OVER, GRAB A GOODIE BAG AND LEAVE!" I push people out the door. Most people mutter and grumble and I try to push those who congratulate me on the party outside as quickly as possible.

A lot of people are still here and I see the computer on the shelf, ring. I grasp my curly black hair and groan. I snatch a bucket of water that they used to dunk Zeke Prince, the biggest nerd, in. I throw water on everyone and they recoil at me. "Just get out!" I scream. Everyone leaves and I grab the computer on the shelf. I quickly run to the cleanest spot in the room.

I plop down on the couch and open the computer
"Hey, mom and dad."