Theres Nothing More Better Than Gambling For Money....Everyday ~ Ch6

The ropes burned my skin.
Pamela hadn't spoken for awhile and just paced around reading her dirty, muddled notebook. I tried keeping my patience, but that was a challenge. Being ADHD and all, I couldn't even stay still. And her teasing! God! She was just infuriating. Bringing up Tay-Wer Matthews like that and just watching my anticipation boil inside of me. Man, she was hot.

"If you keep pacing around like that, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to hit on you," I grin. She turns her attention back towards me and scowls but soon softens her expression. "That's going to be a little hard to start our relationship off with, considering I'm going to have to kill your family," she friskily smiles. I wink, "Hey, kill Allison and I'd say our relationship is off to a good start."

The three guys behind her laugh and she shoots them a glowering look. They back away and look around aimlessly. "A'right Alex Luster, cut the crap!" She slaps me. My face turns to the side and a prickling sensation warms my cheek. Feisty.

Her delicate features aligned with my hot ones, and she stares me dead in the eye. I felt like I was looking directly into a black hole, as if she was pulling away my secrets. They were soulless and intimidating, she was basically looking at my own soul and stealing every piece of information. They made her blood red hair and glowing white skin pop out. She was a vampire, a real life walking vampire that you would read about in stories and thank god that they were only stories.

"Tell me Alex. What do you care about most in life? I know money isn't the answer...nor gambling. Playing games may be your specialty and chances are what make your life interesting. But frankly those are the only things I can think of that actually matter to you. Besides your dear family." I swallow and try not to break eye contact. Her nose twitches, "Face it Alex, you have nothing. You have no love, and you certainly can't have a relationship unless you're willing to run away if it gets too serious."

"You have no friends, considering anyone who gets too close to you always gets hurt...or killed." My fists clench and I fight myself from speaking or showing any sign of emotion. "What do you have Alex? What...do...you...have?" She smiles like she's winning. The scary part. She is.

"What are you doing?" I enquire. She chuckles and pulls out a gun from her black trench coat and polishes it with a rag. How gangster of her. "Just finding out what you care most about in life or what cares about you. And so far I'm only seeing two things, money and family. And money can't love you back." Beads of sweat appear on my forehead and the cool air rushes in to soothe me down.

Pamela puts the gun away, "You see, you took away something that Tay-Wer truly cares about. And when you mess with Tay-Wer Matthews, you mess with us. So we are going to slowly take away everything that you love."

Her hand suddenly grips my shoulder with tamed fury and her other one grips my side. I tense and move my arms, that are locked together. Pain emerges from her pressure and I try not to recoil in anguish. "You have until 7:45 A.M to bring the money to this exact spot," she calmly yet angrily whispers to me. I moan and look away feeling her bony fingers etch deeper into my sensitive skin. "I don't mean seven forty six, seven thirty or eight o'clock. I mean seven forty five! And if you so much as rat us out or don't show up at all, Luster!"

She presses her nose and chin to the side of my forehead and growls, "You will pay the price by suffering and your family will pay the price by dying! Get it!" She hassles. I let out all my air and bend down, "Yes! Yes! Let go!" I push. Pamela shoves me and stands up, snapping her fingers so a guy can duck behind me. I breath harshly and gasp for the air that she prevented me from inhaling.

Pamela takes off her gloves and brings me up. "Do this right, and who knows? Maybe I won't have to kill you after all." She winks at me and walks away with the guys behind her. I squint and rub my red wrists, ignoring the pain. "YOU ARE SO NOT HOT ANYMORE!" I cry to her as she gets lost into the dark. I sigh and turn around, that was a lie.

It takes me a long time to find my house, and I could hear the thunder coming in from the beach. Frustration takes over my body because I know what I'm going to have to do. I throw open the door and walk inside easily. "Oh so now it's unlocked!" I mutter. My dad's sitting on the couch and he looks at me with an oppressive expression. The dim T.V is moving with excellent picture.

"Well where were you?! I thought you were in your room!" My dad stands up, holding his drink. I run my fingers through my hair and walk to my room. "Doesn't matter, dad!" My feet trudge the ground. Suddenly, a memory corrupts my mind and I turn my head to the door.

"Alex Luster! Were you gambling again?!" My dad roars. I ignore him and open the shut door I slammed a few minutes ago. "Oh Alex! Why do you think we moved? To have some more fun?! oh my- what the hell happened to your hands?! Why are they cut!" He walks over to me. The box. The box wasn't on the porch. "Did they steal it?!" I exclaim to myself. "Steal what?"
I shake my head and sigh, "The freakin' box! I didn't even get to see what was in it! And they take that too!"

My dad berates me and licks his lips, "Dammit son! Would you just tell me who they are!"
"-That doesn't matter right now! Because for some good deed that I so unselfishly acted. I have to pay the freakin' price!" I ran both my hands down my hair and I grunt in aggravation. I bite my lip and hold my hand out, "Why do even think I was out gambling?! I wasn't gambling!"

"Because you do it all the time, Alex!" He spat. "Face it kid you have a problem and no we didn't move here because of that, we moved here because of-"
"I know why we moved here!" I interrupt, "Geez, have faith in me! For once! You always jump to conclusions!-"
"Don't you speak to me in that tone young man! Maybe I don't have faith in you because you always seem to get into trouble every waking minute!" He hollers.

I shake my head and look out the door. This man. This crazy old man. I stare back pointedly at him and scoff, "Mom would've forgiven me. She would believe me. She'd have so much faith in me she'd be a freakin' pastor!" I reluctantly go to my room rather than go outside.

I see my dad turn his head in the corner of my eye and he says, "Well she's not here anymore Alex. So deal with it." He turns off the T.V
I slam the door and lock it. When I look up, I see my mirror sitting in front of the window that displays the stormy weather. I view my black hair messier than usual and Pamela's smudged red lipstick on my cheekbone. I angrily scrub it off and rip open a box.

Right now, I don't even think that giving up what I have is even worth it. I sit down and stare at the bag of money. I weakly chuckle as I fall on my back. My eyes are closed and all I want is to be lost in the darkness, and only hear the sound of rain cascade down the roof. And I fall asleep mad, knowing that in only six hours I'll have to give up so much. And it wasn't just going to be the money. At least that's what my dream told me.